Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
GT2x
34.88%
GT28RS
65.12%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

ATP GT2X VS GT28RS TURBO SETUP

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 03:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: ABT GT2X TURBO SETUP

Its always going to be about the driver. But like I said I'm only doing it for autocrossing. Not for drag racing. My brother ran a 10.11 with his civic....He's running a T-70 Ball bearing turbo with nitro methane as fuel

Old 07-20-2005, 03:46 PM
1st Gear

i still would recommend the GTRS kit for road racing.. even autocrossing it's ok.. just look at how well EVO8's do at autocrosses... that's about the same spool time you'll have with the GT28RS.

imho it's not a drag-only turbo until you get up to GT3071 and bigger turbos (in the garrett line of turbos) for the 1.8L engine.. and GT3076 for 2.0L engines.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:14 PM
1st Gear

i have been trying to figure out which kit to upgrade from my ko4 setup. i want the higher hp of the gt28rs kit but atp told me it will not pass emissions. so im leaning towards the gtrs eliminator kit but i have a hard time beleiving the the hp numbers they are posting on there site.

i dont like how my ko4 runs out of steam after 5k rpm and i think thats will happen with the gt2x.

does the gtrs eliminator kit need any additional components to be installed other then the software?

Old 07-20-2005, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: matt_rasmussen

i have been trying to figure out which kit to upgrade from my ko4 setup. i want the higher hp of the gt28rs kit but atp told me it will not pass emissions. so im leaning towards the gtrs eliminator kit but i have a hard time beleiving the the hp numbers they are posting on there site.

i dont like how my ko4 runs out of steam after 5k rpm and i think thats will happen with the gt2x.

does the gtrs eliminator kit need any additional components to be installed other then the software?
i'm not 100% sure about the emissions..

but i can't understand why the gtrs eliminator kit wouldn't pass if the gt2x passes.. [:-] ...maybe the guy you talked to meant the old gt28rs kit? .. but like i said, i can't say for sure on that.

the gt2x is still a much stronger turbo than your k04, however.. about 50hp stronger.. so you'll feel power much longer in the powerband compared to your current setup... so if emissions is your biggest worry, then go for the gt2x... or just wait a little, until more information is availble regarding the alleged emissions issue with the bigger gt28rs kit.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:20 PM
4th Gear

I can say for sure a ko4 is going to take a 28rs on the autox track, i have lots of friends who went from ko4 to 28rs and they all agree. The ko4 spool sooner and faster, and makes lot of torque, and thats what u need autoxing.

btw- If there is anyone who wants to get together and run at a autox track with there 28rs setup, id be glad to meet up somewhere in pa.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

wish i were close to pa!

again.. don't think this is the same as any other 28rs kit you've seen before.. with the right tuning you'll have a ton of torque where it's needed...

also, one needs to know how to drive a turbo car... you can't drive it like it's a 5 liter V8!

a gt28rs really isn't that big. get this out of your minds. it's tiny compared to big gt30 and 35 setups.. TINY!

Old 07-21-2005, 12:45 AM
4th Gear

Yeah, i agree, once the the 28rs is more finetuned, ill def be upgrading. But for now, the ko4 is working well, and with prolly more torque then the bigger setup ups.

Old 10-16-2005, 04:33 AM
2nd Gear

I cant seem to find a gt28rs kit, with the programming and whatnot.......any help?

Old 10-16-2005, 04:30 PM
2nd Gear

can say for sure a ko4 is going to take a 28rs on the autox track, i have lots of friends who went from ko4 to 28rs and they all agree. The ko4 spool sooner and faster, and makes lot of torque, and thats what u need autoxing.
Alright. First of all, if you get the 28rs kit, you should be able to beat a k04 anywhere you want to, whether it be on a quarter mile track or a road track. The reason 'your' friends lose to you(I'm assuming you have the k04 setup and they have the 28rs setup, which makes more power, quite a bit more) is because they don't know how to drive for sh*t. They are, like someone else said, trying to drive them like a big v8 with a lot of low end torque. Once you put a bigger turbo on the car, it acts more like a honda (as in, power is all up top). You have to keep your revs above 4k to get all of the benefits. Yes, this may be more strain on the engine, but they should have no problem beating a k04 on a track, granted they know how to drive. And if I lived in PA, and had a comparable setup to yours, I would come up there and show you. But the trip from FL is a bit far....

Old 10-16-2005, 04:32 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: ATP GT2X VS GT28RS TURBO SETUP

Oh, and as far as the eliminator kits go, on Friday, I got my gt28r back from atp, I had them switch the turbine housing to the eliminator kit, and fill it with 28rs internals(SWEET!) My stock manifold had a small crack in it so I am getting a friend of mine to weld it and everything should be back on the car as of tuesday night. I will post my results and let you guys know what I think.

Quick Reply: ATP GT2X VS GT28RS TURBO SETUP