Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
GT2x
34.88%
GT28RS
65.12%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

ATP GT2X VS GT28RS TURBO SETUP

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 10:13 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: ABT GT2X TURBO SETUP

I was raping wrxs with a ko4 on reg sauce, no pc16/j31. Thats not hard to do, im not going to argure with you, if you think the atp elim good, im happy for you, ask around on the zine/world and see if they think its a good kit. I doubt ur making anywhere near 245whp unless u have some revo sauce from david.Because the mickey mouse mika stuff isnt going to get you there. Atleast, the stuff thats in ur car, atps dyno files and then one you in ur car is a whole dif ball game.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:56 PM

just go piggy back and program it all by your self, all you need is a laptop. all comes in a kit. you get the module, program and thats it. connect it and set the ignition maps and fuel maps.
I dont know what is reprogramming does to your ECU but that piggy back you program matrix 16x16 for each. its called SMT6 or older SMT5 or newer SMT7 from perfect power.
It takes time but results are worth it. who knows better your car, you or some guys in some room? http://www.perfectpower.com/default.asp
wiring: http://www.perfectpower.com/wiring/Audimenu.asp

Old 11-13-2005, 12:10 AM
4th Gear

Hhhmm, maybe your alot smarter then me or something. Cuz think that would be a nightmare tuning it that way. Only way i would custom tune is through efi and think that would be tough too. Props if u do that and works out.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:16 AM

its really easy. all you do is plug it in, or more precise is cut it in. its a bit of a hasle to connect it couse all that wires.
then connect laptop and use the program supplied. it open and gives you a matrix. you can put it on global, which would be 13:1 on all modes. then you change where you whant like at load 50% and RPM 3000 A/F should be 10:1 and at load 55% and RPM 3000 A/F should be 9.7:1 and load 60% @3000RPM it should be 9.5:1 you should get the idea.
and yes it may take a day to instal and tune it proparly. example if you have old engine your reprogramed ECU may lean out the fuel. with pigy back you can turn it reacher.
and you can get better performense. and each time you have to plug the laptop and change couple of numbers, while chiping ecu will require taking it out and shipping and waiting then getting it back. piggy back can go as low as 8:1 for fuel. stock. add/swap extra injectors and can make it so reach that evryone will think that you have an diesel.
plus and minus
piggy back, cheaper +, you have to do all the programming -, wiring -, you can find aleady built matrix +, flexible +, can do it near your home +.
chipping, expensive -, already all maid +, hasle free +, not flexible -, have to ship it away -.

PS i'm not advertising piggy back. i'm just saying facts. whant to add more just post.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:25 AM
4th Gear

Nope, its not "really easy" to tune these cars, you almost make that sound like a walk in the park, far from it.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:35 AM

true, but with piggy back you can change on the spot. and yes its hard it might take weeks before you will be able to squize all of the power from it.
but it gives you options. and ofcouse its hard to tune turbo cars becouse of the point where the turbo starts to boost. like if you drive with half throtle and turbo is spooled up @ 3500. while at full throtle turbo will not spull up till 3800 (lag).
pigy back tuning goes by trial. example you running lean at some point then change it to run reacher. differents loads. you might change so that if you going down the highway you would get the best fuel economy. and during full loads you running hell from the turbo and dumpining gallons of fuel into the engine to get the full power.

chipping is just another way saying changing the cheap, meaning giving the ECU another map to work from. and usually its the saim as pigyback. also the SMT6 works off the MAP pressure so it helps to stabilise the A/F better.
why pay 400 bucks to some dude, while like for 100 you can change what ever you want. and whenever you want without sending ECU back and forth.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:30 AM
4th Gear

Because ecu software has the exact/best fuel map, best/safe boost at the right rpms, and the right timing for your car to run at its peak and safely at the same time.

Old 11-13-2005, 11:36 AM

True.
as I said before each thing has its minuses and pluses.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:35 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: quattrosedan

Supposed to means nothing. ATP says it's "supposed" to put down 300chp. The highest I've seen is 230
...well you obviously havent' looked around much. Most people I have talked to are putting down pretty close to 245whp. I have the gt28rs eliminator kit....only running 13 psi and I raced my friends wrx w/ chip and pulled him. He runs a 14.4 quarter. I have no doubt that I could get into the 13s. I seriously doubt you could do that with only 230chp.But I could be wrong...have been plenty of times before.....
Yeah, but the 28RS isn't an elim, is it? Don't you have a new manifold? If you don't, then cool, but you should still be putting down more than 245whp. I saw a dyno graph of someone with an ATP GT28RS file, I don't think it was Mika, putting down 300whp with a broken throttle body that made the A/F graph look like the Himalayas. I think ATP hardware is solid, I don't have any experience with ordering from them, and I think they're OK in the service department; I think they gave a guy all his money back when he wasn't satisfied with their tuning but let him keep all the injectors and stuff.

I too, could be totally wrong. I haven't looked around much, it's true, but I have yet to see someone come out to say, "My GTRS is making 350hp on 93 octane at 18psi. I love this kit, I love ATP, I think everyone should buy it." The general sentiment has been disappointment, in my estimation.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:13 PM
4th Gear

I would be surprised if ur even close to 245whp. I hope you are tho, goodluck with the kit, try to have someone else tune it if u can.

Quick Reply: ATP GT2X VS GT28RS TURBO SETUP