Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ash tray mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:13 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: ash tray mod

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

i think it will not allow you to lock your car with the remote if the engine is still running with the turbo timer on. not sure but i read that once.
yup i just read that post. you have to lock it with the key. i guess I'll just have to continue to idle for a few after parking.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:15 PM
1st Gear

Sure will, and should be able to provide pics as well.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:18 PM
1st Gear

yeah, I thought about that too. However, I have programmed my ECU via VAG to auto lock the doors. So I'm hoping when the motor finally shuts down and there's no key in the ignition, the doors will lock in 30 secs...as it is set now.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: RLB6

yeah, I thought about that too. However, I have programmed my ECU via VAG to auto lock the doors. So I'm hoping when the motor finally shuts down and there's no key in the ignition, the doors will lock in 30 secs...as it is set now.
Good idea... where did you find the programing info for vag to have them lock after 30 seconds? i cant find that info.. or how do you do it?

Old 08-09-2006, 05:33 PM
2nd Gear

Why don't you do what i did and "mod" it into a really great coin collector?????

If you need instructions let me know.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

I have the VAG software via laptop so I can only give you instructions using this route:

in the software, I access module 35 which is the central locking module. I go directly to it using the Direct Entry field.

Click on the Recode button.

In the software code field, enter 16236 and press the enter/do it button

that's it.

I've played around with some other codes too, but code 16236 does a couple of other things too like:

Control the windows/sunroof from the remote key fob

Doors lock automatically when you go a certain speed. I think its when you exceed like 10 or 15 MPH.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: lauren5757

Why don't you do what i did and "mod" it into a really great coin collector?????

I got a good laugh from the quote in your signature. that's funny

Old 08-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Site Moderator

Im gunna have to ask your for some detailed step by step instructions on this "ash tray mod"... Sounds a little out of my moding capabilities...

Old 08-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: RLB6

I have the VAG software via laptop so I can only give you instructions using this route:

in the software, I access module 35 which is the central locking module. I go directly to it using the Direct Entry field.

Click on the Recode button.

In the software code field, enter 16236 and press the enter/do it button

that's it.

I've played around with some other codes too, but code 16236 does a couple of other things too like:

Control the windows/sunroof from the remote key fob

Doors lock automatically when you go a certain speed. I think its when you exceed like 10 or 15 MPH.
Ya i got vag/laptop.. thats what i was looking for, thanks.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:51 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Im gunna have to ask your for some detailed step by step instructions on this "ash tray mod"... Sounds a little out of my moding capabilities...
Yah... it takes some time..... rather than having me write it up, it would be easier and more time/cost efficient for you to just buy me a plane ticket and fly me to do it for you.

Plan on getting a rental car for about a week, you won't be able to drive your car during the duration of this mod.... and yes, it DOES take the whole week. You must be very precise and careful with each required step.... or you will be sorry. Luckily, when you eventually decide to sell your car, this mod alone will increase its value by a few K's.

Quick Reply: ash tray mod