Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APR Rocks!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 11:56 PM
dan
2nd Gear
Default APR Rocks!!

I finally went in and had my ECU upgraded. All i can say is damn! it's like a new car.

I LOVE feeling the car pull in 5th and 6th gear, something it just didnt do while stock. I somehow also managed to squeeze out an extra 7MPG out of the gas tank on the way home, even with me dicking around with new programming heh.

I guess with the cold air intake, custom exhaust I already had and now the ECU programming I'm at Stage II. Next comes new injectors and brakes and I think I'll be done with the performance mods.

If anyone is still up in the air about getting chipped, just do it!! You wont look back

Old 12-28-2005, 12:01 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: ARP Rocks!!

Hmmm .. you should feel it in second the most

Old 12-28-2005, 12:02 AM
Administrator

before you go updating your sig.. its APR not ARP unless the AARP tuned your car to go 5mph

Old 12-28-2005, 12:07 AM
dan
2nd Gear

Oh I feel it in all gears. But i played with it most in 4th, 5th and 6th since i was on the turn pike

Old 12-28-2005, 12:09 AM
dan
2nd Gear

Thread fixed, it was right in the sig! noone ever accused me of being able to type properly :P

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

before you go updating your sig.. its APR not ARP unless the AARP tuned your car to go 5mph

Old 12-28-2005, 12:33 AM
2nd Gear

Is it seriously THAT big of an upgrade? I'm really tired of my B6 dragging ***, and I don't feel like spending $3,000+ for a serious upgrade... Is the APR Chip THAT great?

Old 12-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: dan

Thread fixed, it was right in the sig! noone ever accused me of being able to type properly :P

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

hey I dont spell or type like a champ either.. just thought i would give you a hard time.. not hard feelings though!

Old 12-28-2005, 12:45 AM
dan
2nd Gear

Redgoat: It's take a lot more than a typo to phase me at the moment lol.

Zed: I've only driving from APTuning to my house so far, which is about an 1-1.5 hour ride and i tell you the ride home was much more enjoyable.

The car really does feel alot different. APR offer 5 hour (driving time) trials after which you can "unlock" it. When you buy it over the phone, the dealer or APR give you a 6 digit unlock code which gives you the programs you paid for. So there is no need to go back into the dealer after you are done with the trial.

If your not sure you want to drop the $500 to transfer your car, get the trial and give it a shot.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:22 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: ZedEx

Is it seriously THAT big of an upgrade? I'm really tired of my B6 dragging ***, and I don't feel like spending $3,000+ for a serious upgrade... Is the APR Chip THAT great?
You obviously havent been in a chipped A4. It is THAT big of an upgrade... If you have the oppurtunity, try to experience GIAC and APR so you make an informed decision. I have experienced both and both are great. I personaly feel that GIAC is faster and way more agressive but they both make a huge difference. Reliablility hasnt been an issue for anyone so far so for all you that are holding back on the chip, dont!

Old 12-28-2005, 01:36 AM
4th Gear

Having run both Apr and Giac software, i can tell you the Apr feels more commanding, makes a few more hp too. The Giac feels more aggressive, like slam in the seat type feel.

Quick Reply: APR Rocks!!