Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apexi SAFC for 1.8t?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 11:55 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Apexi SAFC for 1.8t?

kemp hes back lol
check out the speedtunning thread it might help you

Old 11-24-2007, 12:04 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Arlan motorsportsalso does REVO which as a program allows you to use fully tunable software with your own laptop, for the price it isas good as a standalone system.

ps, they are currently chipping my B5 which is why i know about them.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Site Moderator

Yes you can use an SAFC or EBC from APEXi safely on any engine, but it depends on the user, in this case i would stay away from it.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Think of the S-AFC as a fine-tuning tool to optimize an off-the-shelf chip program. The chip is programmed as a best-fit for the car, but particular quirks in your car may make it operate slightly different from your buddy's similarly-modded car. Chip it first, and then fine-tune with the AFC if you want to use one. If you're chipped and adding the AFC, you'll want to have it tuned on the dyno with a wide-band O2 sensor (and even better, also an EGT sensor if possible). Don't try wringing that last 3% out of your engine using only your butt-dyno, or you're going to make expensive holes in parts of your engine.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:17 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

ORIGINAL: Beer Mod

ORIGINAL: aRIf

our ecu is not like japanese cars' ecu. You cannot really have full control unless you have standalone. So it's better chip it.
He won't have full control with a SAFC as it still is a piggy back type control (tricking the ecu into thinking what you want it to) Standalone is standalone.
you noth realize this is the kide running 14 psi of boost with stock tunning and an mbc, right?
No I have no idea what you are talking about [&:]In the right hands I'll bet you could run 18-20psi, but you still won't gain the fuel,timing and boost that a chip will give you.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Site Moderator

His other screen name was kemp travis, the ultimate in noob SLOWLY working his way up.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:42 AM
1st Gear

well i know a guy who tunes all types of cars using an safc, (fyi, i wouldnt ever tune it myself) he knows them very well i was just wondering if you guys have used them? and i already have a boost gauge, and a/f ratio gauge....beleive it or not its on "ideal" (with wideband) on a MBC(14psi)...so i have plenty of fuel as of now, but with the safc you can tune timing(slightly) and increase the fuel if needed and tinker with your idle and ignition and what not, but i was just thinking about getting it and running it with about 16psi(after the guy tunes it) and then get chipped so i can have almost complete control(next best to standalone), all i was wanting to know is that if it would work on our cars, and from what you've said, it will, and could help me keep my car safely on ~14psi.

thanks

Old 11-24-2007, 12:44 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: auditech79

Yes you can use an SAFC or EBC from APEXi safely on any engine, but it depends on the user, in this case i would stay away from it.
so if i have an experienced user/tuner do it, then this could help me?, in what ways do you predict it would help out?...thanks

Old 11-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Site Moderator

A better piggy back is the Greddy E-manage, but if someone else is tuning it for you then let them, then never touch it again.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:56 AM
5th Gear

gotta chuck in my .02 there's rly no alternative to chipping.

Quick Reply: Apexi SAFC for 1.8t?