Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running on 18" HP Evo's??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Default RE: Anyone running on 18" HP Evo's??

Appreciate the feedback fellas. HP Evo's it is then. I'll see if they have thehubcentric rings with the correct bore reduction when i place my order. I don't mind spending a few more bucks if i know the job will be done right.

Just to confirm - wheel bolt torque is 89ft lbs, correct?

Old 06-09-2007, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Amze

Update your sig, wanna see them
Well I'm going to be doing the suspension here shortly, so I probably wont get a new sig up till that happens. Ill take a shot or two with my cell phone in a second and post them up.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:55 AM

Aight - i just ordered the rims and tires. $999 for everything including shipping; not too bad. Got the hubcentric ring and 5mm spacer. Should be here in 8-10 days due to them only having 3 rims in stock - have to order the 4th. I can wait.

Will post pics when they're on the ride.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:00 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

The HP's are likely a 73mm bore, and Audi uses a 57.1mm bore... so you need a 73 to 57.1 hubcentric ring -- they will know for sure the size of the HP evo, and will also verify the VW/Audi centerbore size for you.

The spacer will just make it look better. I run 32mm offset all around, so if you get 38mm and use a 5mm spacer, you'll be at 33mm, which is just about perfect. You'll need longer bolts though.

Also, most people will tell you to use a hubcentric spacer, which is quite a bit more money... for 5mm, it isn't all that necessary. For the most part, hubcentric rings are a convenience item, allowing you to easy hold the wheel where it needs to be, centered on the hub when you tighten it.
I was driving my new wheels for 3 weeks with no rings (just put rings in today) with no issue at all. You just have to torque them while the wheel is in the air, which can be a PITA.
With a 5mm spacer, the wheel will still be able to rest on the hub while you tighten it. I'd still try and torque them in the air, though. Or... if you want... spend more and get hubcentric spacers.

Confused the bajesus out of me... I wish I didn't fail at "Wheel" knowledge....

I ordered 18x8, got tires... will I have to mess with the "Hubcentric" ****? Its a B6 A4 in this case... cause I'm extremely confused.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:39 PM
5th Gear

Amze,
yes, you will need to get hubcentric rings. They are very easy to come by for this application, though, as the HP's are a common aftermarket wheel which should have a 73mm center bore... Basically, a hubcentric ring slips into the center bore of the wheel, and reduces the size of that hole. You need a ring with an outer diamter of 73mm, and an inner diameter that matches the size of the VW/Audi hub (57.1 mm).

Be happy, you'll find your rings at any local wheel shop... I, on the other hand, bought Work wheels which were custom made for a Mercedes. I needed to find a very strange sized ring... 66.56mm reduced to 57.1. I found some 67mm, and figured the .4 mm wouldn't make a difference, I could just tap them in with a hammer. Nope!
But, I did order some 66.56 to 57.1 rings, got them a few days ago, and installed them yesterday. Yay.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:16 PM
1st Gear

When I got my HP Evo's I talked them into including the centering rings for free - they would have only been $10 each otherwise...

You can probably do without them if you follow the right procedure when installing your wheels (have the wheel/tire completely off the ground, go around and hand tighten the lugs in a star pattern, then lower until the tire touches the ground just enough to keep it from turning then follow up with torque wrench). The reason I wanted the rings is for the cases when anyone else (like the dealer) needs to pull off my wheels, since they are almost certainly not going to be as careful.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:40 PM

ok so here are a few pics of mine, and yes I realize it looks like a monster truck but that will be solved here shortly.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:05 PM

Looks good.I have the sport suspension on mine, so i'm hoping it won't look as high as yours. I too will probably upgrade my suspension regardless; just to give it a nice even drop.

Edit: Anyone know if Audi center caps will fit onto these rims?

Old 06-09-2007, 03:32 PM

yes, I put mine on there.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:27 PM
1st Gear

ARE those evos silver / dark silver

Quick Reply: Anyone running on 18" HP Evo's??