Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know what the little button on the drivers side wall next to the seat is?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 05:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Anyone know what the little button on the drivers side wall next to the seat is?

I was always trying to figure out what that button was. until i looked at it closely one day and thought i had motion sensor and i was right! i left all my window open one summer day and out of no where my alarms goes off. after 5 min it goes off again so i rolled up my windows. and damn was it hot in there lol. now i know more

Old 04-22-2007, 05:13 AM
Default RE: Anyone know what the little button on the drivers side wall next to the seat is?

Sorry to spoil the good fun here, but that switch is used to disable the TILT sensors: when engaged, the LED lights red, and your tilt sensors are disabled. Use this switch when you are being towed, so the car can be locked, but the alarm won't engage when the tow truck "tilts" the car in the process of securing the car to the truck. And if you have quattro, which I hope you do, you should be a good owner and have her towed on a flatbed trailer. The tilt sensor override switch, to me, is used as rarely as the ESP override...nice to have, but you may never need to use either of them. Hopefully...

I just learned how to switch the temperature display to Celsius. Very cool. Especially when 69 degrees Fahrenheit happens to be a very comfortable temperature, but I'm self-conscious about it when I'm taking friends out to lunch, etc. To change from F-->C or C-->F, press and hold the recycle button and press the + button on the driver's side climate controls.