Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know what the little button on the drivers side wall next to the seat is?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Default RE: Anyone know what the little button on the drivers side wall next to the seat is?

You guys do your shaking. I'm just going to trust that mine works.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Anyone know what the little button on the drivers side wall next to the seat is?

it's mainly for leaving pets behind in your car when it's not to hot or cold to do it, that way they don't set off the alarm..... It definatly comes in handy with the girlfriend on numerous occassions

Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

haha i like the idea of the entire audi population shaking their cars at the same time, although i doubt it would be heard in space because, if the b5s are like my b6, the alarm sounds more like a beeper than a car alarm

Old 02-06-2007, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

the sensor is actually pretty sensitive- i had my gf's rabbit in a cage on the back seat and he managed to set it off repeatedly. musta scared the crap outta him.

the gf trick is a great idea- i'm gonna have to start taking my keys too

Old 02-07-2007, 03:38 AM

not gonna lie im about to go try that, i have a python alarm so its damn loud

Old 02-07-2007, 03:50 AM

i dont get how it works, i only got it to light up or not light up when my car door was open, other than that i shook my car and nothin happened

Old 02-07-2007, 05:44 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: b.hasz

i dont get how it works, i only got it to light up or not light up when my car door was open, other than that i shook my car and nothin happened
thats cuz you have a whack python alarm and it prolly doesnt have motion sensor hook ups, i think thats probably only factory work...

Old 02-07-2007, 11:54 AM
1st Gear

Not sure how much motion is needed to set it off, but can say from experience that riding in a ferry is enough. Didn't know about the motion detector until the first time they had to announce my license plate over the intercom and ask me to turn off the alarm... [:@]

Old 02-07-2007, 12:44 PM
1st Gear

According to the manual (I know, RTFM! Like, WTF! haha) it has to do with internal motion sensors. At least that's what I recall from looking it up at the dealership when I bought my Audi. I'd go down and get the manual to look again now… but it's cold outside ;-)

As 04a4 said, it is there for leaving pets in the car. So I don't think the shake test is going to matter, unless you shake the car so hard that something inside moves.

But leaving the gf in does sound like fun LOL

Old 02-08-2007, 03:03 AM

oh so because i have an after market alarm it pry does not work. i see

Quick Reply: Anyone know what the little button on the drivers side wall next to the seat is?