Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever lock their keys in their car (Audi)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Anyone ever lock their keys in their car (Audi)?

Just curious if this has happend to anyone. I almost did this yesterday. I know the driver door will not lock until it is closed. I usually get stuff out of the passenger door or trunk and lock the car when the doors are open, so not to have to fumble with it while my hands are full. Anyhow the trunk was the last to close and everything was locked, wasnt really thinking and just before shutting the trunk saw I had set the key inside. I usually put them right in my pocket to avoid such a thing, just wasnt thinking. Lucky me I caught it though.

I have heard the easiest way to get into a locked Audi is breaking a window, even with slimjim have a hell of a time getting in. True?? I have three sets of keys and thinkin about removing the key part from the rest of the fob and attaching it somewher to the car just not sure where. Anyone ever do this? I dont need to know your hiding spot, may be a confirmation Any other ways of getting in?

If this does happen to me it will probably be 200 miles from home so I cant get my spare key then ill really be screwed.

Old 07-23-2004, 12:19 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Anyone ever lock their keys in their car (Audi)?

Carry a spare key in your wallet.

Old 07-24-2004, 02:16 AM

actually if you have the upgraded audi alarm offered on the b5 you can call audi and they will unlock your doors for you like onstar but better. also if your car is stolen they can shut it down via satalite

Old 07-24-2004, 12:42 PM
1st Gear

Thats awesome!!! I never knew there was an upgrade for the alarm. Any idea what the cost would be? What other features are there that come with the upgrade alarm?

I did find a nice little hiding spot, just used a little saftey wire to tie up the key, works great so far. Ill see if it is still there in a few months.

The wallet is a good idea but I leave it in the car a lot, so that doesnt really work either.