Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was anyone else a "straight line speed driver" until they drove there AUDI!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 03:59 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Was anyone else a "straight line speed driver" until they drove there AUDI!!!

lol ya, but the problem wiht N02 is that if ur on the road, your bottle must be disconnected and your fuse must be removed. and you can only transport N02 when you are going to or from getting it filled or going to or from a race (drags, autocross...). if u get caught with a hooked bottle or ur fuse in with the bottle in, ur royally fu(ked. like serious trouble. its becuase some ricer was flyin and hit a truck, and the car blew, causing the botle to blow, and he and a few others were killed and it made a huge mess. so new laws were passes...

Old 12-18-2006, 04:44 AM
18T
4th Gear
Default RE: Was anyone else a "straight line speed driver" until they drove there AUDI!!!

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

yea man lets see some pix ofthe new ride.... and while your at it we are still waiting for pix of the other two!!!
olol yea its been a year now its okie though

Old 12-19-2006, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

N20, N20, N20...not NO2. At least you guys arent calling it Nawz...but N02 is still the wrong chemical compound. Did noone take chemistry?

Its easy to remember if you know that standard atmosphere (what we breathe)is roughly 78% Nitrogen (N2), 21% Oxygen(O), 1% Other gasses. Nitrous Oxide is just a fancy name for compressed and purified atmosphere with a little more oxygen content(36%, which is what produces euphoric and anesthetic uses). In fact you could say for all general purposes the earths atmosphere IS nitrous oxide, and a quick google search will support that.

How Does Nitrous Oxide Work?
There are three points. First, nitrous oxide is comprised of 2 parts nitrogen and one part oxygen (36% oxygen by weight). When the nitrous oxide is heated to approximately 572oF (on compression stroke), it breaks down and release extra oxygen, However, it is not this oxygen alone which creates additional power, but the ability of this oxygen to burn more fuel. By burning more fuel, higher cylinder pressures are created and this is where most of the additional power is realized. Secondly, as pressurized nitrous oxide is injected into the intake manifold, it changes from a liquid to a gas (boils). This boiling affect reduces the temperature of the nitrous to a minus .127 Degrees F. This "cooling affect" in turn significantly reduces intake charge temperatures by approximately 60-75 Degrees F. This also helps create additional power. A general rule of thumb: For every 10 Degrees F. reduction in intake charge temperature, a 1% increase in power will be realized. Example: A 350 HP engine with an intake temperature drop of 70 Degrees F, would gain approximately 25 HP on the cooling affect alone. The third point, the nitrogen that was also released during the compression stroke performs an important role. Nitrogen acts to "buff or dampen" the increased cylinder pressures leading to a controlled combustion process

Old 12-19-2006, 10:00 PM
2nd Gear

someone did their hw lol

random, but isnt o2 lethal at certain depths (like ridiculously deep)

ORIGINAL: DenimTT

N20, N20, N20...not NO2. At least you guys arent calling it Nawz...but N02 is still the wrong chemical compound. Did noone take chemistry?

Its easy to remember if you know that standard atmosphere (what we breathe)is roughly 78% Nitrogen (N2), 21% Oxygen(O), 1% Other gasses. Nitrous Oxide is just a fancy name for compressed and purified atmosphere with a little more oxygen content(36%, which is what produces euphoric and anesthetic uses). In fact you could say for all general purposes the earths atmosphere IS nitrous oxide, and a quick google search will support that.

How Does Nitrous Oxide Work?
There are three points. First, nitrous oxide is comprised of 2 parts nitrogen and one part oxygen (36% oxygen by weight). When the nitrous oxide is heated to approximately 572oF (on compression stroke), it breaks down and release extra oxygen, However, it is not this oxygen alone which creates additional power, but the ability of this oxygen to burn more fuel. By burning more fuel, higher cylinder pressures are created and this is where most of the additional power is realized. Secondly, as pressurized nitrous oxide is injected into the intake manifold, it changes from a liquid to a gas (boils). This boiling affect reduces the temperature of the nitrous to a minus .127 Degrees F. This "cooling affect" in turn significantly reduces intake charge temperatures by approximately 60-75 Degrees F. This also helps create additional power. A general rule of thumb: For every 10 Degrees F. reduction in intake charge temperature, a 1% increase in power will be realized. Example: A 350 HP engine with an intake temperature drop of 70 Degrees F, would gain approximately 25 HP on the cooling affect alone. The third point, the nitrogen that was also released during the compression stroke performs an important role. Nitrogen acts to "buff or dampen" the increased cylinder pressures leading to a controlled combustion process

Old 12-19-2006, 10:00 PM
2nd Gear

lol, its N2 and O2. there isnt realy any O-. ths negative ions you hear of from like air clenzers. they get negative ions by making small electric sparks creating O3 and O- in our atmosphere. its O3 (ozone) and O2 (oxygen)

bam. adn ya, ur right. its N2O.hence the "oxide" no prefix for multiples. heh, chem was boring but easy.

AND...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 12-19-2006, 10:03 PM
2nd Gear

haha. O2 is oxygen. the only way its lethal is if ur getting pure constant oxygen.and even then its quite hard to die. u pass out and after a while you could die. but still dont do it lol. the problem with that is your bvody has an abundance of oxygen and not enough carbon dioxide to balance things out. they even have oxygen bars where u breath a mix of strong oxygen and a wee little bit of carbon dioxide so u dont pass out.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:49 PM
1st Gear

Yes, Oxygen is toxic at 3 atmospheres (1 atmosphere=33ft of water)or around 44.1psi ambient(whichoccurs at~100ft. underwater). If you filled a divetank with PURE oxygen you would get oxygen poisoning in as little as 20ft of water

Im a sportdiver and avid dragstrip junky, so I guess this kind of info is 2nd nature. Plus when I built my first car with nitrous I did extensive research, I like to know what Im doing. I'm not the type to just bolt on and go, I like to know how and why stuff works. Helps not only to improve safety/reliability but also to maximize the effect of upgrades and make them work together.

I wouldnt have posted if just one person messed it up, I'm not that ****. But everyone that used the chemical abbreviation did the same thing so I thought I might chime in.

I have always preffered carving corners (back on topic)but theres no road courses within 5 hours of me and the nearesttrack is FLAT, no elevation changes. I have a beautiful dragstrip pretty closeby so thats an easier way to get a timed reference on my power/driving improvement with my projects. I have to keep my twisites jollies on late night untimed back roads.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:03 AM
2nd Gear

yea... this is what i was asking

figured denium would have an anser
ORIGINAL: DenimTT

Yes, Oxygen is toxic at 3 atmospheres (1 atmosphere=33ft of water)or around 44.1psi ambient(whichoccurs at~100ft. underwater). If you filled a divetank with PURE oxygen you would get oxygen poisoning in as little as 20ft of water

Im a sportdiver and avid dragstrip junky, so I guess this kind of info is 2nd nature. Plus when I built my first car with nitrous I did extensive research, I like to know what Im doing. I'm not the type to just bolt on and go, I like to know how and why stuff works. Helps not only to improve safety/reliability but also to maximize the effect of upgrades and make them work together.

I wouldnt have posted if just one person messed it up, I'm not that ****. But everyone that used the chemical abbreviation did the same thing so I thought I might chime in.

I have always preffered carving corners (back on topic)but theres no road courses within 5 hours of me and the nearesttrack is FLAT, no elevation changes. I have a beautiful dragstrip pretty closeby so thats an easier way to get a timed reference on my power/driving improvement with my projects. I have to keep my twisites jollies on late night untimed back roads.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:21 AM
1st Gear

With an intercooler sprayer you can still get those cooling power gains you know..;.

I made this out of spare parts I had laying around for $10:

Ok, so you have to have some nitrous goodies 'laying around' first but its still a good idea... At least even to hp/$ ratio as a chip if your running better then stock boost or a small, hot turbo or both.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19618/0376117FB5D74C5CADE245A702B6E732.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-20-2006, 01:24 AM

I love going fast in a straight line and on road courses. By the way what were the specs on your DSM?

Quick Reply: Was anyone else a "straight line speed driver" until they drove there AUDI!!!