Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any of you ever regret getting the Audi you got?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 05:41 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Any of you ever regret getting the Audi you got?

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: Quattro_1.8t

I kind of regret buying mine since I already had to dump 5,000 in repairs since Feb. when I bought it.
Thats what happens when you dont DIY. I would be very regretful owning this car if I didnt know how to follow DIYwriteups andturn a wrench.
yep, I will be doing all my own maintenance soon since I'm attending auto mechanic school this fall. I wish I knew how to do it myself when I needed a lot of repairs done.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:13 PM
4th Gear

yes, i now see that a black on black car without tinting gets really freakin hot and even makes the A/C feel weak. not to mention im really wanting a car that i can tune so a 12v is useless. but those are really lame reasons, when ever in in my audi i know that im not a douchbag and while the kid down the street may have a 500hp talon hes still got a fast POS and the kid with the subaru that has a body kit on it still looks like @$$ regardless if its fast and the little high school senior with the evo didnt pay a damn dollars for his car, my car has enough speed(not really i want more) and luxury to keep me happy.but really im trading up for a 1.8t avant or UrS4 or B5 S4

Old 06-15-2007, 06:34 PM
4th Gear

No regrets. I bought mine cheap with high miles. I drive 40K per year and I'm closing in on 180K miles. Car runs great (OK I just jinxed myself).

Old 06-15-2007, 06:39 PM

Yes, luckily that car got totaled, and I got what I originally wanted.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Zombie Defense Force

i dont regret buying it at all. onlything that i would change is i would have gotten a 99.5 not the 01 becuase the older is easier to tune

Old 06-15-2007, 06:48 PM

My wife also can not drive a 5spd.[:@] I got a 5spd that I wanted and got her somthing else...a camery auto.

No regrets, I knew that things will break andneed to be replaced. Funny thing is that I'm kinda hoping that something does break so that i can replace it with a better one.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:52 PM
6th Gear

I don't regret getting my Audi at all. I was so happy just to get a car, the fact that it was way nice and from Europe made it so much better. There are some days when I'm with my friends that I wish that chick wouldn't have taken the 318i I almost got because it would be turbo'd by now, but other than that I love my Audi and don't have any complaints.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:09 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: jojoampt

wow! you just spelled my life out perfectly, onepoint8. i had a choice between two 02' a4's, one manual and one tip. my girl is the same way, so i settled on tiptronic. sigh... i regret it everyday. i shouldve made her learn 5 speed! i still love it, and enjoy driving it but its not the same.... i dream of the day its traded out for a manual.

LOL You're GIRLFRIEND!!!??? I would have said, "Honey, until there's a ring on my finger I'm buying MANUAL!" lol

I do understand though. Sometimes they are worth it

Old 06-16-2007, 12:35 AM
1st Gear

I first own a 96 A4 2.8Q 5spd. Someone told me the 1.8T was more fun to drive so I traded in for the 00 A4 2.8TQ 5spd and never looked back. I've used to own a BMW 3 series and I would never give up my audi for a bimmer. I know the turbo has more issues but the joy of driving that turbo quattro is well worth learning and DIY fun.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:39 AM
2nd Gear

My only regret is that the car I chose was repainted poorly... The clearcoat is peeling around the windows and I've stopped the peeling for now. Other than that, I LOVE my car. It's fast, responsive and damm SEXY. Way better than the02' Altima I used to have. In time I'll have her repainted and then she'll be SHINY NEW!!!!

Quick Reply: Any of you ever regret getting the Audi you got?