Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any opinion on which turbo timer to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Default Any opinion on which turbo timer to buy?

I don't care if you don't like them, I'm going to get one. I live in the mountains, so whenever I come home I'm on the turbo for about 3 minutes before I get to my driveway. This means that I have to let the car run for about 3 minutes everytime I get home to bring my turbo back down from the temperature of the sun, and I would like those 3 minutes of each day back.
So what is you opinion of which turbo timer is the best and why?

Old 03-03-2007, 11:57 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Any opinion on which turbo timer to buy?

I like the Greddy Full Auto TT becuase it has a LOT of features!!!

Josh

Old 03-04-2007, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

i was looking at getting one myself but i was told by a friend that you dont have to let water cooled turbos cool before u turn off the car.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 AM

I was told that too, but the coolant pump turns off when the car is turned off. So all the coolant to the turbo turns off with the car.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:48 AM
3rd Gear

Greddy is what I run......

Old 03-04-2007, 01:16 AM
3rd Gear

an over looked option is a turbo after oiler.. thats what im going to run.. cost about the same..

Old 03-04-2007, 06:07 PM
2nd Gear

I have the greddy FATT. Question!!! How do you use the extra features??? the insruction manual is in jap? where can I find a manual to beable to use the other features

Old 03-04-2007, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: selfemployed03

i was looking at getting one myself but i was told by a friend that you dont have to let water cooled turbos cool before u turn off the car.
that's complete bullsh*t. a water cooled turbo is exactly the same as an oil only cooled turbo in that they both require circulation of the cooling fluid to reduce internal temperatures. when you shut down the engine, the water pump stops, and the coolant stops circulating. the water that's in the turbo stays there, and doesn't cool the turbo at all.

it's 2 or 3 minutes people, just sit there and wait!

Old 03-04-2007, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

If youre not running to turbo to above normal operating temperature, meaning your not really honing on the turbo, then its really not necessary to give it ample time to cool down. If you beat on it, sit and let it cool down a little. If you drive it normally, i.e. not going about 4k, then you wont have to allow for a cool down period.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:49 PM
2nd Gear

hey man i would go with the greddy turbo timer! I have two friends that own S4s and they swear buy it, im going to buy one as well. Dont let everyone convince you its not necessary because it is definatley a feature that should be on every turbo car. Knowing that you live in the mountains is even a BETTER excuse why you should get one. There is no logical explanation saying you shouldnt buy one, because a properly cooled down turbo is the best thing for it! If you have a rebuilt k03 or a k04.....or even a eliminator, i would buy it man! Also, one of my friends had it installed on the "silver strip" that runs along the inside of the car, between the drivers side door and steering wheel and it is VERY clean and easily accesable...just a thought

Quick Reply: Any opinion on which turbo timer to buy?