Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Amp replacement

The problem is intermittent so I haven't had a chance to duplicate it (my car sits in the driveway most of the time) because it usually occurs after an hour or so (it just shorts out). I do recall that one time my CD was working full blast while the FM was having trouble picking stations up. The dealer then said that upon their testing they found that the amp was shorting out. I called this morning and they said that the Radio amp is the one shorting out. Is this different than the amp that drives the rear speakers, I don't know and I can't seem to get a confirmation on it. All I have is the p/n that the dealer gave me and he wants $540 to replace it ($400 part).

Does the TSB mean that they will cover it (even out of warranty?). Thx.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

brotzvang, apparently it is a known issue with this model, my neighbor has it and had the same issue with front left speaker cutting out intermittently. Something to do with too much grease which shorts out the speaker. I had a recurring issue so the dealer did it for free after warranty but now this other issue has started. This car has been one crap after another. Spends more time at the dealer than it does in my driveway. All electrical issues:

1. Doors lock themselves so I have to be careful every time I fill gas, with or without the car running.
2. This issue
3. Moonroof decides to close itself after a few minutes and all I am doing is driving, gremlin?
4. For the first two years, the alarm would go off in the middle of the night, gremlins? None that I found.
5. Key fob doesn't work in Chicago downtown, works everywhere else, wtf? I have to open the door manually.
6. A year ago the trunk wouldn't open with the remote, everything else would, the problem went away after I reset the battery.
7. Should I go on?

Audi's got a long way to go. I am sticking with a rice burner the next time around.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:04 AM
1st Gear

auditech, you are right, here is what I found. The following link takes you to a pic and might help someone if you stumble into here. The part number I was given is: 8E5 035 225s

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/1002471.phtml

Old 10-18-2007, 02:27 PM

I WORK AT SOUND ADVICE,U CAN REPLACE THE FACTORY AMP PRETTY EASILY BUT WITH HAVING BOSE U DO NEED TO DO SOME BYPASSING AND A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THAN MOST PEOPLE THINK,IF U WANT IT DONE RIGHT GET A HOLD OF ME OR ANOTHER SOUND ADVICE-IF U WANT A POWERFUL AMP AT A LOW PRICE BUY A MMATS AMP FROM A FLORIDA DEALER.....

Old 10-19-2007, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

My amp seems to be fine, it's the antenna amplifier. My system is non-Bose.