Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alright need some help. out of ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 03:16 AM
1st Gear
Default alright need some help. out of ideas.

so i guess some of you are familiar with how the vaccum lines just rot away. i have a slight problem. i have a vaccum line that rotted off the valve on the back of the engine. where the pipe for the air pump comes up. the vaccum line runs around the back of the motor and to a solinoid on the bottom of the intake manifold. and when i went to fix it the solinoid crumbled as well. so i just said screw it. plugged the vaccum line that runs into the main vaccum supply. and put a cap over the check valve on the back of the engine. does anyone know if it is important. because the car would not boost at all... 3lbs max. thats when the vaccum line rotted off while i was driving and then i did the quick fix. it worked for like 20 miles and now the car is doing it again. i have no codes or anything. but i have no power. a stiff throttle pedal, and the car is even more of a slug than it was.

also is there a way to eliminate the secondary air pump...

if anyone can help me out at all please inform me on what i should do.

bobby

Old 05-21-2006, 03:50 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: alright need some help. out of ideas.

take some pix of the thing but im sure its important lol

Old 05-21-2006, 03:52 AM
3rd Gear

Well bob it sounds to me like you need to put it back together how the audi boys had it when they made like 3 million of these cars.......know what I say'n?

Old 05-21-2006, 04:04 AM
5th Gear

yea those audi guys probably knew what they were doing when they made the cars

Old 05-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Site Moderator

You dont need the secondary air pump, its just for emissions at start up and does hog some of your intake air. I think that if you bypassed it somehow, it might throw a code though.. I dunno how to bypass it via vac lines but im pretty sure someone's done it...

Old 05-21-2006, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

i will put it back to the way it came. but i can't till tuesday when i have time to get to the dealership to get a new solinoid that snapped. i was looking for a way to by pass it some how for the time beign because of working 2 jobs. and needing my car. it was running fine with the vaccum line plugged off. the one that ran to the check valve in the back of the engine, and then all of a sudden it did it again. like 8 lbs. now today. and i think thats only because i took a vaccum line. put it from the main vaccum supply the one that ran to the solinoid under the intake that snapped teh ends off. and took it back to the check valve. dont know where to go from here... guess i'll have to wait to see on tuesday how much this part is goign to run me.

bobby