Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright, how do I fix this (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 05:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Alright, how do I fix this (PICS)

Well, this is hard to explain, hopefully you can see what's wrong by the photos; I was trying to stop my rear brake light from vibrating from the bass in the music. Well, my stupid finger slipped up and knocked what looks to be, this cosmetic covering from the back of the car. It seems like it clips back down but there is NO way I can reach it. Any methods? (Car specs in sig)

Old 08-14-2007, 06:04 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Alright, how do I fix this (PICS)

May have to remove the rear deck. I don't know about B7's, but on my B5 you just fold down the rear seats, unclip the front of the deck, remove a couple screws at the back (near the bottom of the rear window; you'll have to crawl into the trunk), and then disconnect the brake light wiring harness and the whole thing lifts out.

Here's the DIY I referenced:
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/int23.shtml

Like I said, this is for a B5, so there may be a difference on your B7; but it's just the rear deck panel, so there may be no difference. Good luck!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:13 PM
1st Gear

Well, one of the Audi Service guys who I had to deal with several times (long story from first week of owning my car) told me that he would stop the vibrating; this was about 3 weeks ago. So maybe when I go to get my car detailed (for freeeee...again, long story) they would fix this for some $$?

Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 PM
4th Gear

Whatever you're comfortable with. But pulling that rear deck is actually pretty quick once you get a look at it (on my B5, anyhow), so I'd sayit's worth a try to put that trim piece (or whatever it is) back in place. Like any DIY, just make sure you've got a clear idea what's involved and how to put it back before you actually do it.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: MrFlippant

Whatever you're comfortable with. But pulling that rear deck is actually pretty quick once you get a look at it (on my B5, anyhow), so I'd sayit's worth a try to put that trim piece (or whatever it is) back in place. Like any DIY, just make sure you've got a clear idea what's involved and how to put it back before you actually do it.
hah that's why I'm not gunna bother...stupid German's and their flimsy plastic

Old 08-14-2007, 08:37 PM
4th Gear

Too true. Half the clips on the panel covering my fuse box are broken off [:@]. At least the dash itself and the buttons aren't made out of the same low-grade, brittle crap plastic like American cars!