Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all U that want a FMIC with OEM bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 05:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: For all U that want a FMIC with OEM bumper

Im not looking to argue, but you seem to have a refute for my claims. Time is money, but there would be virtually no downtime. KTeller has an online store, they will make any piping for you. Just give them the dimensions, which Im sure can be had, send them the pictures of the unit and they will ship you out piping, clamps, and fittings as long as you order that all. So therefore, no cutting, bending, etc. Just install the kit for roughly half the price. Sounds like a better deal to me. I prefer spending money wheres it needed over going for the flash. That thing is overkill.... nice, but overkill.

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Yes, but in exchange for the 300 dollars, you are going to put in a lot of extra time. Time = money. So, its an even trade, pay the extra money, or spend time cutting, driving to a shop to get the pipes made, waiting fro the pipes to be made, etc.

I am not worried about it, because It will be some time before I get a big turbo in this car, and I wont do it before then anyway.

I was just saying the Supremesports model looked like a good find, as others said as well.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:51 PM
4th Gear

So you are sure you wont have to cut the bumper with the IC you mentioned?
And you know the exact bends and dimensions of all the piping?
And the shop will bend the pipes for you same day and ship overnight for free so you wont have to wait?
If you buy the kit, its all right there ready to install., same day, no cutting, no waiting.

You really are an argumentative, know it all, SOB. But, you do have some knowledge, am not arguing that, but come on now...............

Old 02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

Ive been around the block for quite some time. Watch the false claims. Pipe bending isnt rocket science. That is why they charge what they charge, because people like you are willing to just pay it. The bend and dimensions could be found IF I was planning to do this, but Im not. Simple emails can get the job done. Kteller will overnight stuff, have you ever know shipping to be 100% free?? You pay for it in the price of the product when they say its free.

Now they say no cutting welding, etc. Do you have the kit to validify that? How many kits out there for all cars come saying 'direct bolt on"? lots...... are they usually what they claim? No....

BTW, how many cars have you played with?

Old 02-23-2007, 06:16 PM
4th Gear

Well, I am 38 and have owned quite a few cars.
I have a ford expedition, a 300zx, and my audi.
So, I have "played" quite a bit. Just did the t-belt on the audi a few months ago.

I don't know for sure if it fits, because I have never bought this kit, but if it didn't fit, I'd probably send it back and buy one that does. Or just cut the bumper.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:23 PM
1st Gear

Id be go to hell if a kit claimed that there was no cutting if I ever cut my bumper. Id call them bitching about mass-production flaws and want new pipes.

Im glad your good enough to change your own timing belt (most cant do that), but thats a general "repair". Im talking more along the lines of stuff that doesnt belong on the car/motor. I dont appreciate the "know-it-all" stuff. I dont know, but I think I have a little more experience in what we're talking about than you (again I dont know) Im assuming from the discussion.

Im not God's gift to tuners, by any means, but I know my **** and what I dont know, I try to learn.

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Well, I am 38 and have owned quite a few cars.
I have a ford expedition, a 300zx, and my audi.
So, I have "played" quite a bit. Just did the t-belt on the audi a few months ago.

I don't know for sure if it fits, because I have never bought this kit, but if it didn't fit, I'd probably send it back and buy one that does. Or just cut the bumper.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:48 PM
2nd Gear

Well in my opinion most the intercooler are the same...These big companys get the same product and slap there name on it and sell it for a huge profit, but whatever floats your boat!