Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all U that want a FMIC with OEM bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:40 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: For all U that want a FMIC with OEM bumper

pricey though huh...

I might go with the $150 ebay one if I ever go K04. not yet. not yet....

OVERDRIVE MEMBER... finally.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Site Moderator

I think you would want to go with that fmic if you had a BT setup. I would NEVER use an ebay fmic with a bt setup. A really good quality fmic is about $800

Old 02-23-2007, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

most people use intercoolers that are too big even on big turbo systems. Youre better off going with a smaller size FMIC that is thick with plenty of bar and plates opposed to a tall thin FMIC thats not B&P. Fortunately for that unit, it is bar and plate, but it still seems like overkill. A supra running a large T series could use that. Only difference is it would be thicker, but that would still work.

It looks good no doubt, but you still dont need something that large. One could have a Precision FMIC for less and they have lots of sizes. The only intercooler I'd dump a lot of money into is a Perrin and I dont believe they make Perrin for our cars.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:57 PM
4th Gear

Id buy it. Its quality construction, dyno tested for our cars, and fits with no cutting. Worth every penny, much better than anything you could buy off ebay and piece together yourself. I would not cut corners on the IC if you went as far as getting a big turbo, why cut corners here?

Nice find!!!

Old 02-23-2007, 05:00 PM
1st Gear

you dont have to cut corners at all. theres plenty of quality product out there that could be used that still wouldnt cost as much. IC kits, even the greddy kits, are overpriced. Its just how FMIC prices run.

For instance, here: http://www.precisionturbo.net/produc...&dealer=no

Price is 249MSRP for a 350 HP intercooler bar and plate design. So you could definately get that unit much cheaper. As far as the bends, they can be replicated. They arent difficult bends at all. Im sure all that would could be done by KTeller for at most 200 bucks. As far as clamps and fittings, those can be had fairly cheap. You can probably even buy them from RaceEngineering.

I'm not disgruntling the product. It LOOKS to be quality, since I have never had one in my hands. theres always a way around cutting the bumper of any car, it just takes some trial and error, that this company obviously did themselves. By no means would you be skimping when buying a Precision intercooler. Maybe that one would be too thick, but they do make custom sizes as well.

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Id buy it. Its quality construction, dyno tested for our cars, and fits with no cutting. Worth every penny, much better than anything you could buy off ebay and piece together yourself. I would not cut corners on the IC if you went as far as getting a big turbo, why cut corners here?

Nice find!!!

Old 02-23-2007, 05:05 PM

^^^^ ++++ ^^^^

Old 02-23-2007, 05:09 PM
2nd Gear

I believe evolution motorsaports FMIC also fits under the stock bumper

Old 02-23-2007, 05:14 PM
4th Gear

My only point was that this one looks good and has been tested for our cars and fits, so its worth the money to me.
I am sure there are others.
But the one you mentioned, is no $100 ebay special, by the time you are done with that one, you would have around 500 or so in it, and a lot of time custom fitting it, cutting the bumper, and getting the piping made. So, its about the same deal as the $800 dollar one.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

I understand where your coming from. You seem like more of a find something that works use it type guy, not the push the limits guy. Youre right that is NO ebay special, but in defense of ebay, there are actually some good intercoolers sold on there i.e. JohnnyIntercooler. His sh** is quality.

I dont know about you, but 300 bucks is 300 bucks. thats almost a chip man!

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

My only point was that this one looks good and has been tested for our cars and fits, so its worth the money to me.
I am sure there are others.
But the one you mentioned, is no $100 ebay special, by the time you are done with that one, you would have around 500 or so in it, and a lot of time custom fitting it, cutting the bumper, and getting the piping made. So, its about the same deal as the $800 dollar one.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:37 PM
4th Gear

Yes, but in exchange for the 300 dollars, you are going to put in a lot of extra time. Time = money. So, its an even trade, pay the extra money, or spend time cutting, driving to a shop to get the pipes made, waiting fro the pipes to be made, etc.

I am not worried about it, because It will be some time before I get a big turbo in this car, and I wont do it before then anyway.

I was just saying the Supremesports model looked like a good find, as others said as well.

Quick Reply: For all U that want a FMIC with OEM bumper