Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all the Audi Haters

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 01:11 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: For all the Audi Haters

I find this sort of thing funny. Mostly car problems are caused by improper maintenance, but there is always that one bad apple. Today I worked on a 07 camary that has been a problem child the whole time, 10,000 miles on it and has been in for tranny problems 7 times now, but this time it should be fixed (I installed a new one). This sort of thing happens to all manufacturers. Every car and motor has its own set of problems that occur on almost every one off of the assembly line which is what warranty is for. They upgrade parts until the car is totally restyled, then a whole new set of issues begins with the new model. The reason the dealership costs so much is because of the superior knowledge the tech posses of the vehicles they are working on, they are not stealing from you. The education can cost up to $30,000 and $10,000 in tools to start. I have been working on cars for 9 years and still ended up buying $12,000 in tools this year. Yesterday I worked on a supra a guy put a new starter in because his security system was malfunctioning and immobilized the motor. People throw parts at cars without any proof of what problem they really have (that statement includes some dealership techs) and end up bringing the car to us to fix the problem, and in a lot of cases they caused the problems themselves by replacing parts with the wrong parts (spark plugs, k and n filters, wrong oil) or aftermarket accessories. There will always be the one guy who complains about everything under the sun.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:44 AM
1st Gear

Don't blame the consumer for everything. Audi doesn't build cars as reliable nor with the consistency of the makers at the top of the JD Powers list. Crap breaks, has the potential to break, requires much more maintence or maintence for parts others don't.

What forgives this (for me anyway) is the incredible driving experience and overall design. No it's not as reliable but it's not boring. Sometimes, boring is the worst sin of all.

The A4 (all audi's) have alot of mechanical "************". Like the engineers are so in love w/ doing this little gadgets and stuff that the actual reliability in the real world is not as good. It is beautiful to look at and the engineering is elegant but for pure functionality in the real world, Toyota has it all over Audi. Doesn't mean I don't love the Audi tho, just means I'm enjoying it with open eyes.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:02 AM
4th Gear

^^^^Yup. I have a 98 camry thats very very reliable but its freakin boring as hell. No matter how sh!tty or boring my day is whenever I get behind the wheel of my Audi I feel much better, almost like a sense of accomplishment, and thats why the camry is sitting there gathering dust.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:27 AM
4th Gear

dosent build with quality ? most of the cars on any market are "disposable" cars that run to 100 thousand without any prolblems, then fall the hell apart, audi's are one of the few that if properly maintained will run for much much longer...not all cars are the same and you need to adapt to the differnet kinds of cars you own, audi's need to be maitianed perhaps you should look at these things before you buy it and realize its not maintanece less, like was said above, most of these reviews are written by people that have no automotive knowledge, and just replace whatever the dealer deems nessecary.. im not saying that audi has the best customer service... not by far, but they are a company, and they are out to make money. but none of our words will change how stupid people are

Old 12-14-2006, 02:48 AM
1st Gear

That is a bit of a stretch. People being stupid (which I totally agree with) and Audi reliability are two seperate issues.

Toyotas run for 200,000+ miles with very little maintence and from what I've seen the Audi's 'fall apart' sooner than the benchmark Japanese brands.

The Audi has many 'disposable' parts and requires more maintence on these parts.

The simple fact is you can't compare the reliability or durability to the top Japanese brands. Be realistic, Audis require more work but the rewards are more rewarding for those that can appreciate it.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:49 AM
2nd Gear

[quote][^^^^Yup. I have a 98 camry thats very very reliable but its freakin boring as hell. No matter how sh!tty or boring my day is whenever I get behind the wheel of my Audi I feel much better, almost like a sense of accomplishment, and thats why the camry is sitting there gathering dust.

/quote]

And your 98 camary just got recalled for sludge due to customer neglect (your out of datethough sorry), sounds just like audi 1.8t's. I have a 97 camary also, great car, if I had to rate it......

Rating
Overall 4
Vehicle Styling 3
Braking 4
Handling 3
Fuel Economy 6
Interior Comfort 4
Acceleration -8
Dependability 10
Fit and Finish 5
Transmission 7
Ride 7.5

I would not compare a toyta to a audi, they a not comparable. I am looking to trade my camary in for a new one, and I wish I could trade my a4 in for a rs4. I don't care about any report or what anyone else has to say about audi's I'm hooked..... I never understood the audi/vw aholics till I bought one.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:53 AM
3rd Gear

lol, that guy rated the braking a 10???? is he on crack.... our cars brake terribly, period. BBK would change that tho lol

Old 12-14-2006, 01:55 PM
2nd Gear

i dont care what anyone in this forum has to say about audi's being bad. obviously it is somewhat your fault if you dont take care of it they are sensitive cars they need to be treated like your girlfriend or wife..if you do that you will never go to a god damn camry or anything else AUDI IS THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2006, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

No one is saying that Audis are **** (well some frustrated people are). What people are saying that even with recommended maintenance, people still have a lot of problems with them (i.e. the number of people with oil sludge despite performing recommended oil changes), which shouldn't happen with a car that has such a high initial sticker price. Obviously the feel of an A4 is about 100x (I'm being conservative) nicer than the feel of a Civic, but why should luxury and reliability be mutually exclusive things?

Old 12-14-2006, 05:42 PM
4th Gear

baddest car i have ever owned and i have owned a lot.
Haha, "baddest" car he has ever owned huh? Great English, terrible review and he clearly has NO idea what he's talking about. That review looks like a chimp wrote it, seriously... Use decent grammar and pay attention to what you’re saying, if anyone listens to that review I feel bad for them, it doesn't make sense and the reasons he gave were bullshit. Audi is no different than any other car, take care of it, follow what’s recommended and it will run over 100k miles no problem. Know your car, don't bitch and cry when it’s your fault you made the bad buy or didn't take care of it correctly. Christ.. people are so stupid

Quick Reply: For all the Audi Haters