Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment time?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:52 AM
1st Gear
Default Alignment time?

Hi everyone i was wondering if you all think its time for me to get my alignment done. when driving it seems like the car goes to the right if you are not holding on to the steering wheel and also when going straight the steering wheel has to be slight to the left about 15%rather then in the middle... and also where would u say is the best place to get it done other then maybe the dealership lol THANKS

Old 05-17-2007, 09:58 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Alignment time?

any car place that has an electronic alignment lift sound be able to do it...majority of the NTBs adn tire places should have it..probably cheaper than the stealership..

Old 05-17-2007, 11:16 AM
4th Gear

Somewhere using a radar system, much more accurate. Try sears auto.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Site Moderator

Make sure that your tie rod ends are in good shape before you get an alignment. If they are bad, youll be wasting your money on an alignment and the alignment will accomplish nothing.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:51 PM

if you have a pepboys near you go there they warranty their alignment for year. they do a pretty good job too for bout 70 bux

Old 05-17-2007, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

hey thanks, speaking of tie rod im not sure if its from that or not but when i turn to the right there is a low clicking noise that comes from the front right tire it seems. i wonder why u mentioned that are tie rods common replacement parts for audi's i have had the car for not too long so i dont knwo much about it.. so any info about it is appreciated

Old 05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

hey sorry and also another thing isnt it whenever they do the alignment they have to make sure all parts are in good shape before they do it?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

i have the same clicking noise on my left front wheel, it turned outthe tie rods/wheel bearings were bad,ill have them replaced for free next week (stealership warranty) but the guy told meit would've cost me 200-300 to fix that.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:27 PM
4th Gear

Sounds like your tie-rod ends are hosed.

Replace those first, use the meyle heavy duty ones. then get the alignment done after that.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:27 PM
1st Gear

oh really , i mean i herd that it could be torn something maybe the rubber around the weel bearing and thts why it does that therefore i guess the only thing to do is to replace the whole bearing. and someone told me its 100 to do so at the stealership lol but thats just for that not for the tie rod. hey does anyone know if i can check it out myself for all these issues how do i do it and what do i look for maybe this would be helpfull for ppl to check their own stuff instead of taking it to the shop everytime

Quick Reply: Alignment time?