Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag Light =[

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:07 PM
2nd Gear
Default Airbag Light =[

The Air Bag light came on the other day

Has anyone had this before? am I gonna have to bring it to the dealership... and how much $ will i be raped out of if i do?

i have to replace the cv joints too. I guess the lowers, suspension, rims, and exhaust are gonna have to wait another half of a year

Old 01-30-2006, 05:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Airbag Light =[

if its the side air bag in the seat i think the dealer charges 400-500 for it because thats how much they tried 2 charge me but then i like was like stfu and they counted it under warranty..

Old 01-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Zombie Defense Force

mine came on and they pulled my passanger seat out and i didnt have it for a week. they replaced the side airbag for free

Old 01-31-2006, 02:36 AM
1st Gear

mine came on about 3 weeks ago WTF!!!

Old 01-31-2006, 01:48 PM
2nd Gear

can it be done out of the dealer by other shops etc? I'm out of warranty and i'm not paying 400-500 to fix something like that =[

what else could it be. how much would it cost if it ISNT the side airbag in the seat?

Old 01-31-2006, 05:09 PM

yeah...mine came on too....i found out is a common thing for audi....probably the connection point under neat the seat got dirt in it...so the contact point is not solid....juz got to find someone with a vagcom read it...see wat codes it give...most likely is the connection under da seat...and reset it...and maybe clean it with some electronics spray at radio shack or something....good luck.....

Old 01-31-2006, 06:44 PM
1st Gear

mines on too. screw taking it to the dealership. my car is going to a local shop sometime next week that specializes in german cars. If i was u, I would look around for a local shop before giving in to dealership prices.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:42 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 98 A4 Turbo

mines on too. screw taking it to the dealership. my car is going to a local shop sometime next week that specializes in german cars. If i was u, I would look around for a local shop before giving in to dealership prices.
well it's been a few days. ave you gotten this done?

I'll be driving down to my brother's shop this weekend, they have a VAG there. If its just a dirty connection or something simple I'll let you guys know

Old 02-08-2006, 12:49 AM
2nd Gear

There are two major spots for problems with the audi airbag system. One is the side airbag. You can handle this yourseld but be very careful. You scan the car first and find where the problem is. If it is the seat check the yellow connecter under the seat. When messing with the airbag system you should dissconnect the nrgative battery terminal for 30 min. The most common vw/audi airbag light is the connection within the seat. It is held by teo tiny clips. You can roll the seat canvass up and reconnect or replace the wire for ruffly 30-40 dollars and about an hours time. The second spot is behind the steering wheel airbag the harness breaks. Another 30-40 dollar fix and about an half hour time.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:31 AM
2nd Gear

mine's been on forever..

Quick Reply: Airbag Light =[