Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on wheels and tires!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Default Advice on wheels and tires!!!

Hello AF folks,
Well i wanted to get some help deciding on some rims and tires for my car. I recently moved to Mid West (USA), and my tires are not holding very good on the snow. Since i wanted to get some 18" anyways, i decided this was the right time to upgrade. Thinking of getting 18" rims with Ultra High Perfomance All-Season tires. Anyone have any advice or anything i should consider before upgrading? Your help will be much appreciated...
BTW i have a 1999 2.8q B5.

Thanks

link for rims
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...amp;sort=Brand

Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Advice on wheels and tires!!!

i seen those rims on an audi before on they looked pretty good.

I think the whole "mesh" styling is getting a little played out but there still some hella nice rims.

and when you get tires get either a 35 profile or 40 profile. a 45 profile will be too much tire

Old 12-09-2007, 10:31 PM

Well i wasnt going with any trends for the rims , those are the only ones ive liked so far. Any advise on which brand tires of ulta high performance or high performance are best for snow? Any other website other than tire rack?

Thanks guys...

Old 12-09-2007, 10:54 PM
3rd Gear

I got my wheels thru www.edgeracing.com They have lots of wheels to choose fromm and all types of tires from racing to high perf all seaon. good package deals too. I got 18" and tires for less than $800 shipped.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Tech Guru

bbs knockoffs imo...... and those wheels would look good on a car....... but if you are in the midwest where you get some snow, just get all-seasons/winter tires for your stockers and summer type all seasons for your new wheels

Old 12-10-2007, 12:30 PM

McGovs, thanks for the link i will look and see what kinda deals and packages they have.
Turbo, the only reason i wanted to get all season tires is to not go through the hassel of changing wheels every summer and winter. If all season are good and do the job, then i dont need to get seperate winter and summer tires...

Old 12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
2nd Gear

^yeah thats what I thought also when I got my tires in the summer.... but I think I've gotta get some snow tires for my 17's now.... forgot how much snow we get here, but if your in the midwest might not be as big of a problem

Old 12-10-2007, 07:47 PM
1st Gear

do you guys beleive its safe to run rims in the snowy winter

like from the asspect that winter could ruin them?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Guru

they are not rims...................

and it is a 15-20 minute job....... why ruin a good set of wheels with snow and crap....... i also look at it like this, i might have a good car that can make it in the winter, but not everyone does, what happens when that knuckle head goes slidding and you swearve into the curb and rash the crap out of your nice new wheels..... and he keeps on driving not knowing you just bent or busted one, would much rather do that to my stockers

Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
1st Gear

Checkout the Hartmann A-R8 (18" and 19") replica wheels. Throw some Eagle F1 all seasons on them and call it a day. You can even put the Audi center caps on them.

Quick Reply: Advice on wheels and tires!!!