Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice from Audi lovers!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Advice from Audi lovers!!

ORIGINAL: ironman

YEs all the mods AteurV8 said or "free mods" you can do a search for them and find write up and how to's every where, you can also look at cites like audiDIY.com and audizine.com etc. all have members that do writeups. Hope this helps make your car your own.

Question i did the de chrome and now my grill has alot pits in it from the road i have to pull it off again to paint it AGAIN, but what type of paint would work best and is there a color match to the light silver in that paint i might as well color match since i am going to paint the lowers

after you color match your grille make sure you put a layer of clear coat on it. And im not too educated on the silver... i think duplicolor silver matches up pretty nice. Ask some of these guys on here that painted there lowers with silver paint... im pretty sure they used duplicolor's silver. You can always go to audi and get some paint from them, although they will charge an arm and a leg.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8
You can always go to audi and get some paint from them, although they will charge an arm and a leg.
I'd check at a local paint shop/supplier. We have a local spot named "Osterle" down here, and they can get any O.E.M. color, and it'll cost you less than at the dealership.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:54 PM
4th Gear

Id change the t-belt asap.
Yours has the old style tensioner, notorious for breaking early, and causing major engine damage. No point in taking a chance, since it looks like a pretty nice ride otherwise. Enjoy!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:38 PM

Well ive driven the car for about a week now, and found that my gas milage is not so good. I am getting 18.5m/g. This includes city and highway miles both. After doing a thorough search on the forum i found a list of stuff that i thnk i should start looking at:
1. Air Filter
2. Plugs
3. Vacuum Leaks
4. MAF
5. O2 Sensor
6. Fuel Pump
7. Bad Timing
8. Dirty Injectors
9. Use Injector or System cleaner.

I will check these things and hopefully one of them is faulty or needs changing and indeed change my milage. Also, thankyou all for all input. I will get to mods as soon as i get a checkup of the car with my mechanic and get brake and tints done , and ofcourse the get TB done...

d3

PS: Since i just bought the car last week, i dont have the vagcom yet. I might get that if i cant improve gas milage.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:41 PM
4th Gear

Yea the V6 is a gas guzzler. Before you start changing parts get it scanned to see if everything is within its parameters. Those seats are definitely from an S4, the previous owner may have switched them. Nice ride by the way.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:04 PM

well the car finally went to my mechanic today and no wonder the car was running so heavy on gas lol... the airfilter was in the worst of conditions i have ever seen. I wish i had taken pictures to show you guys. Anyways for the 60K service and breakwork dealer was asking 1800+tax, i got all done for 700 . Also, i saw my front shocks as being red today... does that mean i have sports suspension? Doesnt matter to me but was just curious lol. Now i can get my car tint and work on some cool DIY

d3

Old 05-15-2007, 10:20 PM

one more question. i was reading on the forum that an oiled K&N filter should be put in carefully, as it might damage the MAF sensor beneath it. i was looking in my airbox and it has a + shaped rods above the MAF sensor, so the filter can never touch the sensor. i guess i am confused as to why i should be carefull then???

Old 05-15-2007, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear

Red shocks = sport suspension, but I don't know why you have hella wheel gap then. I wonder if PO got aftermarket shocks that were red and just has them adjusted way wrong. ~shrugs

The problem with the K&N is if you put too much oil on it after you clean it. It blows up onto the MAF sensor and ruins it if you have a lot. I didn't have any problems with installing a new one. I think the biggest problem is after you clean and re-oil it. Just don't go crazy with the oil.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:53 AM

i doubt the previous owner did that. that guy didnt take care of car that much, it had the dirtiest air and pollen filter. also looking at the shocks you can tell that they are original. also thanks on clearing that air filter thing

d3