Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Audi A4
92.59%
Acura RSX
7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

acura rsx or audi a4

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:16 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: acura rsx or audi a4

My brothers 2007 RSX-S would smoke my 1.8T in every comparison I can think of, including looks.... but I think if I had a B7 things would be different.

Really though, VTEC is great but its just not boost. The Acura has great build quality and as long as you get a 05-07 Type-S they better looking and very nice cars. I cannot tell you how many people come up to me at gas stations and ask me about it. I had a girl working at Taco Bell give me her number through the drive threw [not exactly a keeper though] and a redneck in 'Bama ask me "how fast does dat der thing go?" So there is my input on the Acura and sadly Ive never driven a B7 so its hard to be fair

Old 07-23-2007, 11:25 AM
2nd Gear

Here's where the Acura reigns supreme:

They are better on gas
Their buttons don't peel
They are quieter
They give a smoother ride = Not as sporty or tough a suspension as Audi
They have features such as Auto headlights. Even my Base 02 Altima had this.
Oh and the TSX's trunk space does not compare to Audi AT ALL. If I remember correctly, You either can't fold down the seats or you can only fold down the the 60 half of the 60/40 ratio. The Audi has a nicer interior WITH full 60/40 fold down seats.

To me it's all fluff. Honda's perks are shadowed by Audi's overall looks and feel. I have driven Hondas and I love their fuel economy and their quiet smooth ride but when I was in the market for a car and I drove the base model RSX (that's all I could afford), I wasn't impressed. I was driving an 86 GTI at the time and the honestly, the whole time I was driving it I could not get over how little the difference in power there was between the two. The sales guy even offered to drive it to "show" me what it could do. Well he beat the $hit out of the transmission making the wheels squeal in second gear and although it was impressive, I asked him, "Yeah but how many times am I gonna do that?" I was 31 at the time and had passed myrace everyone off the line phaseof my life. Then he wanted to show me the power the car had. Well it had the power - AT 7500+ RPM..... So I told him, "Yeah but doesen't that throw the fuel economy out the window?"

In the end the Grandpa 02 Nissan Altima beat out the RSX. More power across the board and better handling IMHO. It was roomy (MAN WAS IT ROOMY) and it was cheaper both price wise and insurance wise. Unfortunatley, I lost her to a senior citizen who decided he'd make a U turn in heavy downtown traffic and now I have an A4!!!

Old 07-23-2007, 12:07 PM
1st Gear

They can be chipped. But you normally only chip it when you are running a turbo. Programs such as Crome, neptune and the like. But the vtec is already set for optimum performance. Oh and I do own an Audi. Sitting in my driveway right now