Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Audi A4
92.59%
Acura RSX
7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

acura rsx or audi a4

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: acura rsx or audi a4

ORIGINAL: 01A4T

Why in the hell would anybody want to drive a stripped Integra? I respect anybodys opinion, and I have owned a '99 Integra. While it was a nice enough car, it IMO just felt very cheap driving and the structural feel of the car if that makes sense? It got great gas mileage andI have never owned a more reliable car, but I feel that the A4 is an overall nicer car... I know I am kind of off topic because I am talking about an Integra and not an RSX.... but that it my experience.
I know what you mean....I you slam the door of an audi it feels solid and well built. Slam the door of an rsx/integra and it sounds like a tin can

Old 07-22-2007, 10:51 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: theguy1084

Why in the hell would anybody want to drive a stripped Integra? I respect anybodys opinion, and I have owned a '99 Integra. While it was a nice enough car, it IMO just felt very cheap driving and the structural feel of the car if that makes sense? It got great gas mileage andI have never owned a more reliable car, but I feel that the A4 is an overall nicer car... I know I am kind of off topic because I am talking about an Integra and not an RSX.... but that it my experience.
I know what you mean....I you slam the door of an audi it feels solid and well built. Slam the door of an rsx/integra and it sounds like a tin can
Exactly

Old 07-22-2007, 11:37 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ILoveT

Why do most Audi owners have such a stuck up, ******* persona. Maybe if you people could respect the fact that every car has potential then you would realize you don't drive the best nor fastest car in the world. Most of you drive a 1.8 with a turbocharger that only makes 150HP out of the factory. Hmm... A turbocharged car with 150HP? Neat. I am not bashing the car really, I am bashing the driver who has a ***** up their *** thinking they drive a masterpiece on wheels.

Don't get me wrong, I own one of these 150 horsepower "monsters," as you all may call them, but I know I don't have a fast car and I respect other cars.

Had to edit there to their. Lol

LOL.. I wanna take a stab at this one. Yes ,most Audi owners are ***** in *** toting snobs..... I can't remember how many times I have high beamed a cool looking Audi and never gota wave or high beam back... It kind of pisses me off. Then I look at the driver. It's either some stuck up rich bitch who thinks I'm stalking her or some well to do SOB who thinks he's holier than thow.. This is where I have to remind myself that not all Audi owners are proud to drive what they do. With this said, there is also the few driver out there who return the friendly high beam or wave and smile.

This is what Honda's lack. There are sooooo many of these cars ou there that now one cares if they have one or not. Kind of makes it pointless to have a cool looking car.....

I used to have an 02' Nissan Altima and although it was fast (very), no one seemd to appreciate it.

Furthermore, do you remember back in the 90's when Honda had double wish bone suspension in all of their cars???? Remember that? Well what happenned to it??? I'll tell you what happenned. NO ONE CARED!!!! This was a very sad fact. Honda realized that this race bredtechnology didn't mean squat to the average consumer and even then, the average consumer had no clue or appreciation for this trademark that made the Honda famous for it's supreme cornering. So, Honda did the smartest thing it could ever do. They very quietly phased out double wishbone suspension and replaced it with a standard Macpherson Strut type suspensionWITHOUT lowering their price. Who noticed???? NO ONE. As of 2001, all of there cars with the exception of the S 2000 and the NSX now came with standard Macpherson Strut type suspension. What a pity, seriously. All you Honda owners who think your cars are so wonderful are the victims of your own goddamm creation.

Thankfully Audi is different. Unlike Honda who has sat on their name for over a decade and not made any real improvement to their cars (they don't need to), Audi has continued to innovate and improve on their production models with no real increase in price. I'm sure Honda will eventually start innovating again but when they do expect a relatively much higher price tag.

This is why I prefer to drive my FACTORY 180 horsepower166 ft lb Audi over a Honda any day of the week. Am I a snob about it? No, but I am VERY proud of it.

One last thing... The uber torque and horsepower that Honda says their cars have are in the high RPM range. I'm talking 7k and up!!!! Where's that wonderful fuel economy now?

Old 07-23-2007, 12:33 AM
2nd Gear

GET OUT OF HERE! F YOUR ACURA. YOURE IN THE AUDI FORUM WHAT DO YOU THINK WERE GONNA SAY?!?!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2007, 12:42 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ILoveT

Vtec controllers? Lol.. Honda already sets their engines setup for peak performance. There is no need for a vtec controller unless A.) You want your car to have 0 longevity or B.) You were boosted and needed to retune when Vtec kicked in. You wasted your money.

Dude... Why do't you admit it... you DO NOT have an Audi. WHO IS THIS GUY?????

oh and......... If "Honda already sets their engines setup for peak performance" (snicker, laugh, gag) Then answer me this big shooter. Can they be chipped? Be honest now... If the answer is yes then you just contradicted yourself. Oh wait, you CAN Chip Hondas... Nice try dumbass. Someone hold me backlol.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:41 AM
3rd Gear

hondas can be chipped??? lol... ive had experience with both cars, hondas and acuras are great daily drivers for 16-17 year old kids. when you grow up you realize how much more superior an audi is... the handling, the smoothness of the torque curve, the comfortability, the styling... theres really no comparison at all..

my friend who had a 13 second eclipse drove my 12V 2.8that had some suspension done to it and was smiling the whole time, and after he drove it he understood why german engineering is so dam amazing.

being fast is one thing, being anice car is another.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:09 AM

Did you post the same thing on an acura forum? If so, post the link, I'm curious as to what they have to say...

Old 07-23-2007, 08:31 AM

I own an RSX & b6 A4, so from first hand experience. I can tell you the RSX is a lot of fun to drive. it handles great & mods are cheap. They're very reliable cars but the fit and finish is not comparable to the A4. Some issues with the RSX include: dash rattle when its cold outside, 2nd gear slips out on its own/grinding at times and leather seats crack fast.

Its hard to compare a sedan & a coupe..I haven’t had the a4 long enough to know of anyissues with it, but so far its been great to me.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:51 AM
2nd Gear

Just for $hits and giggles I checked out their forum...... Well the fit and finish of the acura forum is still hands down better. I bet the Acura forum is faster though... Check out this discussion.

http://www.acuraforums.com/forum_pos...=1520&PN=1

Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: whitejeepXJ

1. twodoors to Audi's 4 doors
2. audi has more room.
3. A4 has a real trunk
4. I cannot stress how much better the drivetrain is! i.e. Quattro.
5. Better luxury options. ex. Xenons(adaptive Bixenon), real leather, cold weather package, various other packages.
6. Smoother ride/less interior noise
7. Auto everything(like windows, climate controll.
8. The A4 has digital buttons(who the hell wants to turn a dial to make a/c and heat work?)
9. Better modability. i.e. turbo.
10. IMO german cars are classier, and better made with superior materials.

- I could go on forever, and if you don't want anything listed above, then buy the RSX by all means....
You are totally right BUT the Acura is 10 times more reliable than the Audi when they are both out of warranty (ie. 4-5+ years old)

I guess what im saying is.... if you have the wallet to repair/maintain an Audi go for it. IF you don't buy the Acura.
I had a TSX before my A4 and i agree completely with what is said above. but with a few corrections:

1. twodoors to Audi's 4 doors my acura had four so no difference
2. audi has more room. - the back seat is bigger
3. A4 has a real trunk - not really that much bigger then the TSX just wider and not as deep
4. I cannot stress how much better the drivetrain is! i.e. Quattro. - word
5. Better luxury options. ex. Xenons(adaptive Bixenon), real leather, cold weather package, various other packages. - my TSX had xenons, leather, etc. so does the RSX, at least the type S
6. Smoother ride/less interior noise - not accurate at all, the TSX road better with less noise
7. Auto everything(like windows, climate controll. - in the A4 i dont have power everythinng, in hte TSX i did, and im pissed about this
8. The A4 has digital buttons(who the hell wants to turn a dial to make a/c and heat work?) - all my buttons are peeling, i would rather have the acura here
9. Better modability. i.e. turbo. - word
10. IMO german cars are classier, and better made with superior materials. - word, you can tell the audi is nicer made, and everyone thinks there faster and nicer anyways

Quick Reply: acura rsx or audi a4