Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 12:42 AM
2nd Gear
Default acceleration

I don't understand this.

Ok my 1.8T has 150hp stock but it accelerates hella slow. My parents 04 Corolla could beat it off the line and it only has 125 stock hp. What gives with that? I plan on getting chipped sometime in the very near future so hopefully that helps. Otherwise some kind of sensor needs to be cleaned or something. But it just seems like my a4 just dogs off the line. Is that just the nature of the beast?

Old 12-09-2006, 02:33 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: acceleration

thats 150 crank hp and with quattro you lose 25% power to the wheels, so really your not getting a lot of whp with a stock a4.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:12 AM
1st Gear

The fact that you got a Slushbox doesnt help....

Old 12-09-2006, 04:28 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks Chaos, that was really helpful. So it really would be like having around 110 horsepower? Eh... I bet that getting chipped will help a ton though. I am looking at getting a Giac x, because from searching I hear that they boost more at the lower rpm range so it would help acceleration more. Can't wait for that, but I can't afford it right now.

But I still have a hunch that I have something not so right with my a4, because I got 21 mpg on the last tank and about 75% of that tank was highway miles. Heck on the tank before that one I got around 27.

The fact that you got a Slushbox doesnt help....
Yeah I know, you didn't need to say that. [sm=nonono.gif]

Old 12-09-2006, 04:35 AM
5th Gear

ya defintely go with giac. they are the torqiest of the chip options and are more enjoyable IMO. but ya a4's really aren't all that great off the line. the stock low-end power blows. but giac does a real nice job of fixing that. also if you dont have emissions in your state remove the cat and get a test pipe. its adds 20 hp and 50 tq at 2100rpm. heres the link for proof http://www.ecodetuning.com/gallery/i...s/b7a4testpipe if you get both of those than your a4 will be a whole new beast.

21 mpg does sound kinda low tho[>:]

Old 12-09-2006, 04:54 AM
2nd Gear

Sweet where can I get a test pipe? And where can I find out my states emmision laws?

Old 12-09-2006, 05:30 AM
18T
4th Gear

that corrolla probaly weights a **** load less than your 3300pnd a4.

get revo youll like it better. ive had both and revo has better feel to it.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:43 AM
5th Gear

meh. i liked giac better. more torquier and felt like the power was more readily available. you can try revo free tho. you just gota find a dealer in your area and you'll get a trial version of their software that lasts for like 5 hours of driving or sumthin like that. i defintely recommend doing something like that. as for emission laws i have no clue[8D] you would have to google it or something. if they test the car at idle in your state there is a chance it wont show up but if they test it under full load then you are screwed. in FL we straight up dont have emissions at all so its safe to run it here. you can get a test pipe from the same website as where that dyno is from www.ecodetuning.com

Old 12-09-2006, 05:47 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

meh. i liked giac better. more torquier and felt like the power was more readily available. you can try revo free tho. you just gota find a dealer in your area and you'll get a trial version of their software that lasts for like 5 hours of driving or sumthin like that. i defintely recommend doing something like that. as for emission laws i have no clue[8D] you would have to google it or something. if they test the car at idle in your state there is a chance it wont show up but if they test it under full load then you are screwed. in FL we straight up dont have emissions at all so its safe to run it here. you can get a test pipe from the same website as where that dyno is from www.ecodetuning.com
you do know that the revo 5 hour trial is a tuned down version of the actuall file?they turn up the boost. in the real thing its timing and boost and it spanks giac.

ive had both and the sensation is a hella better than giac. but i do love the giac, even though im runing at 15psi right now.

Old 12-09-2006, 06:32 AM
5th Gear

I loved my GIAC chip

Quick Reply: acceleration