Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

about angel eyes

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 06:51 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: about angel eyes

ok i guess i wasnt the only one that didnt know the true meaning of rice

everyone was thinking it but didnt wanna ask b/c they were embarassed )

Old 06-05-2006, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear

all jap cars

Old 06-05-2006, 07:03 PM
2nd Gear

I m gettign angel lights on my a4 b6 ... and the oettinge rkit and i photoshopped them and it looks cool

what about kamei eye lids

Old 06-05-2006, 07:24 PM
3rd Gear

eye lids are a negative, they really dont look... ill get a pic of my angel eyes later tonight, my computer at work wont allow it... but they are really clean, if someone wants to u can search "angel eyes" and click on the thread that says "angel eyes pics" and scroll down and the black audi with the angel eyes is my car....very freakin clean if u ask me, anybody that thinks they are not clean is just thinking with a "they only belong on BMW's" view. well 99% of the people that see my car everyday think they come that way, and ive been asked a million times if my car is the "new '07"...and i honestly think the headlights have a huge part to do with it...not ricey, clean...on honda's, yes its ricey, cuz its obvious they dont belong. but on an audi, they definately work.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8

eye lids are a negative, they really dont look... ill get a pic of my angel eyes later tonight, my computer at work wont allow it... but they are really clean, if someone wants to u can search "angel eyes" and click on the thread that says "angel eyes pics" and scroll down and the black audi with the angel eyes is my car....very freakin clean if u ask me, anybody that thinks they are not clean is just thinking with a "they only belong on BMW's" view. well 99% of the people that see my car everyday think they come that way, and ive been asked a million times if my car is the "new '07"...and i honestly think the headlights have a huge part to do with it...not ricey, clean...on honda's, yes its ricey, cuz its obvious they dont belong. but on an audi, they definately work.

anyone that asks if your car is a new 07 is not very smart or knowledgeable.. but yeah. i don't know. it's all in accordance to preference. personally i don't like them. they jsut don't look like something that should be on our cars. it doesn't look right. just like those gay *** taillights.. they just don't fit.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

the really unfortunate thing is that some people actually think that these cars look cool... pitiful...
ORIGINAL: Trey25

Angel eyes look awesome on a bmw. On an audi it seems out of place, just doesn't match the front end.

Ricer>>>

hahahahaha

Old 06-05-2006, 09:51 PM
3rd Gear

bmw's, audi's, benz's...angel eyes are acceptable...after that, its "wanna be" type of stuff

Old 06-05-2006, 11:05 PM

Back in the day.... like the mid - 90's and earlier, Ricer or Riceburner was def. referring to little Japanese 4 cylinder cars. I remember an older (18ish) Neighbor of mine had a Geo Metro and all of his buddies gave him crap that it was a Rice Burner because they were made by Suzuki for GM. He def. never raced that thing, or acted like it was anything more than it was... but he still got ragged on for it!

I think the term has evolved over time... now meaning anything "obnoxious and cheap". However there are plenty of expensively modified cars that are just as obnoxious and could also fit into that category, I guess it would depend on ones taste. Anyway you cut it, it def. isnt a compliment.

Like most in the forum (at least those who post) I hate huge wings. huge wheels, cheap lowering job (bouncin' all over the road), the huge non-tuned sounding exhaust, all bass/no music sound systems, mirror or body colored tint, etc...

To me any "upgrade" that costs less than the stock part that it is replacing really isnt much of an upgrade (example: $120 "altezza" tail lights, try getting tail lights at your Audi dealer for that $$!!... you are paying for quality). Granted in a rare occasion you can get some quality after market parts that cost less than replacing them with stock parts...but this is not the norm.

So, if someone calls your car ricey, a ricer, or a riceburner, take it as it is; "they dont like the mods that you did to your car"

Though they may still respect your decision to cut your stock springs and bounce around town scraping your spray-painted ebay body kit on the curb as you try to avoid every pothole you see in order to keep from knicking up your American Racing rims, staying planted to the ground by the downforce provided by your 7 foot by 2 foot tri-level wing that you bolted to the trunk of your car with wood screws.

To each his or her own.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:55 PM
4th Gear

Nicely said AvantGarde. Ricing isn't just for japanese cars, I've seen quiet a few euros with over accessorized and ridiculous "tuning", not to mention the shortlived mustang rice trend eeww. But to each his own, its their money and their sense of style, or lack of it. Oh yea that goes far angel eyes too, no way does it compliment an Audi, but hey.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:08 AM
1st Gear

I made the mistake of getting them on my 00' A4 and they look hideous at this point i.e. they leak for no reason causing moisture to get inside, the lighting quality is terrible and they just don;t look natural. That is why tomorrow I am putting the nice *** xenon lights back in. The only reason i had them is because the driver side original audi lights broke and they are hella expensive to replace. But i finally am!

p.s. does anyone know what color of that heat resistant paint to use when spraying the corner bulbs after the clear corner mod. I'm going to be doing all of that tomorrow and it looks to me like you should use platinum or silver but i'm not quite sure

Quick Reply: about angel eyes