Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 vs RSX-S Please help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 04:20 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: A4 vs RSX-S Please help me decide

ORIGINAL: AUDI05

How ironic!

I have an Audi and my friend has a RSX-typeS. The thing is bloody fast compared to my Audi. He has the thing lowered with coil-overs and has a intake manifold and exhaust. But even when the RSX-typeS is stock is pretty fast + its a 6-speed man!

I love Audi, but on a tight budget I'd go with Honda products/Acura, they will be more reliable
His car is faster then yours because you have a tip and you are stock [:-]

Old 12-12-2005, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

i'm over a 100k miles on my '00 A4 1.8TQ and haven't had a single problem to speak of yet. i may have just blown my streak ... but it's been as reliable as any car i've owned.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

audi over acura any day.

every car has problems...might as well have a nicer car.

i know plenty of people with nothing but problems from their acuras, but that isn't the point.

audis are just so much nicer, there just isn't a comparison as far as i am concerned.

and no other car on the road is as solid as an audi.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Dave666

ORIGINAL: AUDI05

How ironic!

I have an Audi and my friend has a RSX-typeS. The thing is bloody fast compared to my Audi. He has the thing lowered with coil-overs and has a intake manifold and exhaust. But even when the RSX-typeS is stock is pretty fast + its a 6-speed man!

I love Audi, but on a tight budget I'd go with Honda products/Acura, they will be more reliable
His car is faster then yours because you have a tip and you are stock [:-]
what are we comparing then? huh? even a Audi A4 1.8T 6 speed manuel could not keep up with a type S stock

Old 12-12-2005, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

I've driven both (type S RSX and I have a '01 1.8t Quattro (both manual)), and while the RSX is quicker the Audi gets the "fun to drive award" hands down. The RSX to me felt like driving my friends Civic w/ more power, there's just something about European cars that just keep them in tune with the road.

Audi is a lot more 'classy' and in my opinion the better looking car.

I've had my car just shy of a year (its got 80k on it though) and I have had very few problems that I wasn't prepared for. IE I know the clutch is starting to go (that's expected with a manual) and I know the timing belt needs to be replaced soon (I was told to expect this at 80k). Other than that I've had a bad MAF sensor and a faulty trunk sensor not too bad if you ask me considering how much better, in my opinion, the Audi is.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

WTF is going on. all you people backin the RSX, GO TO THE ACURA FORUMS!!! If you wanna compair apples to apples, You can't really do that with these cars. RSX = sports car w/ the track in mine. A4 = Class with getting a$$ in mind . MAYBE if you compair it to the A3 hatch, they would be a lil closer, but that is still MUCH more car than the RSX, also for much more money.
I'm still a Kid and I LOVE TO PLAY IN THE SNOW!!! Lets see the RSX hang

Old 12-13-2005, 12:20 AM
1st Gear

I bought an Audi for its safety

I too looked at RSXs before buying a used A6, but the safety aspect is not comparable.

Acura/Hondas are built with LIGHTWEIGHT stuff so they get better fuel mileage. Audi/BMW/Porsche are a little heavier but are designed with speed in mind.

If safety is a concern or yours, look no further than the Audi lot because a Honda/Acura will be in shreds when the Audi just takes a dent.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

Date 12/12/2005 10:57:46 AM
I have owned two Hondas before I bought my B6, and I still have a lot of love for Hondas, actually thinking about getting another one but that is off topic.

For the money that you are trying to spend I think i would go with the RSX Type S because of cheaper maintenance, I haven't owned my Audi long enough to comment on reliability, and as far as making it faster, you'll be able to make the rsx much faster than an A4 spending the same amount of money on each car. The i-VTEC responds so well to mods that it won't take much to get 200 whp. It can be done with about $1500, just JDM Type R intake manifold, cai, header, and a good cat-back (goto www.honda-tech.com for dyno proven results). RSX gets my vote, I'd wait til I had more money for the A4.

And just like someone said earlier, you def. are going to get a lot more respect from people than you will get with a modded RSX. When I had my hatch, I would get pulled over at least 2 times a month for nothing, til this day I don't have a moving violation (knock on wood). They profile you, since I have had my Audi, I drive past the same cops everyday and they do nothing because they "think" you are of higher status. And the chicks love it too, I pull more trim with this car than I would with 3 Hondas. That's both sides of the spectrum plus my vote.
LMFAO!!! Hahahaha "I pull more trim with this car" <---- thats classic.

And AML 225, you should definitely get on top of the timing belt with your car. Don't hold off much longer... it'd be a shame to see the belt go bad on ya.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:45 AM
3rd Gear

I also chose Audi for it's safty...My son is far more important to me than having a (great on gas) civic for a DD so I chose Audi to be my new DD.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:53 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ha so driving home tonight i go passed by a rsx type s so i cought back up to him and on the freeway from 60-100 i owned him lol go audi

Quick Reply: A4 vs RSX-S Please help me decide