Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 vs RSX-S Please help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 03:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 vs RSX-S Please help me decide

if your going to spend that much then get either a 4 wheel drive car or a rear wheel drive car .... front wheel drive sucks in my opnion

Old 12-11-2005, 04:00 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: juju4uofa

Lastly, unless your getting a B6 or a type-s with very high mileage, a B5 is all you can afford anyway.
Good call.

Old 12-11-2005, 05:23 PM
4th Gear

obv we all r going to agree on audi for u. i like the rsx, like the interior. but i love audis. all wheel drive, luxury, power. love it

Old 12-11-2005, 08:20 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: sir_daft

A4.

It depends on the image you want to portray to others as well... being in my 20's, I'd MUCH rather someone see me in an Audi than an RSX. ALSO... (this is completely just one aspect of this battle) I have gotten a RIDICULOUS amount of compliments from females because I own an Audi too... they are like... OH WOW. YOU DRIVE AN AUDI?

I wouldn't trade that for the world hahahaha... oh and I would choose a turbo car over a sweet "v-tec" any day of the week. Whem it comes to class, ride, image, modding potential, handling... the A4 wins in my book.
Couldn't of said it better. There is no limit when it comes to the Audi. THere is so much you can do, and they have so much potential. Of course, the rsx will be much more reliable, and cheaper to maintain.

Old 12-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Zombie Defense Force

last rsx i saw dyno had full exhuast, intake, custom tuning with some laptop he had, and other little things only made 187 whp or something like that

Old 12-12-2005, 01:26 AM
2nd Gear

that had to be a Normal RSX, because a RSX typeS is f-ing carzy

Old 12-12-2005, 02:16 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AUDI05

that had to be a Normal RSX, because a RSX typeS is f-ing carzy
I think "f-ing crazy" would be a little bit of an exaggeration. Those things are not that fast.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:12 AM
1st Gear

The Type S stock has a 0-60 time of 6.5...I was with my buddy in his 01 S4 Quattro and we raced an RSX-Type S, with at least exhaust. And we barely beat it. It was pretty fu**in quick. They already have my respect.

The thing is..you're not really comparing apples with apples. 2 door vs 4 door; FWD vs AWD; etc. They're both good cars.

I agree with the comments earlier- I'm 24 and wanted a little more of a grown up car but still young and stylish. And the girls get wet when they see it so what gets better than that?!?!?!?!?!?!?! HAHAHAHA

Old 12-12-2005, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

They keep up cuz they way NOTHING!!! i give mad resect the the designers, but the thing is sooooo tinny. I can't, personally, stand a car that will dent if you sneeze on it. I hate hitting the panels and hearing it go through the car. Audi are F'in SOLID. My dumba$$ wrecked one as VERY high speed sidewayz into a telephone poll. This would have scheered a honda in half NO ?'s asked(triple digit speeds) The Audi took it very well.

Lets look at the interiors. Here is your RSX

and here is a 97 s4 (A4 are damn near the same as far as interiors go)

HMMMMMM?
Ive owned both rice burners and kraut burners. Honda's are reliable, but you can't ask for a recommendation based in a forum where half of the people have Big turbo's and big mods done to their cars.
Honda has more support, plain and simple. They have alot of the market right now.
I think it boils down to NOT FOLLOWING THE PACK, but LEADING

Old 12-12-2005, 01:57 PM

I have owned two Hondas before I bought my B6, and I still have a lot of love for Hondas, actually thinking about getting another one but that is off topic.

For the money that you are trying to spend I think i would go with the RSX Type S because of cheaper maintenance, I haven't owned my Audi long enough to comment on reliability, and as far as making it faster, you'll be able to make the rsx much faster than an A4 spending the same amount of money on each car. The i-VTEC responds so well to mods that it won't take much to get 200 whp. It can be done with about $1500, just JDM Type R intake manifold, cai, header, and a good cat-back (goto www.honda-tech.com for dyno proven results). RSX gets my vote, I'd wait til I had more money for the A4.

And just like someone said earlier, you def. are going to get a lot more respect from people than you will get with a modded RSX. When I had my hatch, I would get pulled over at least 2 times a month for nothing, til this day I don't have a moving violation (knock on wood). They profile you, since I have had my Audi, I drive past the same cops everyday and they do nothing because they "think" you are of higher status. And the chicks love it too, I pull more trim with this car than I would with 3 Hondas. That's both sides of the spectrum plus my vote.

Quick Reply: A4 vs RSX-S Please help me decide