Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 OR STI

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: A4 OR STI

ORIGINAL: jonus079

sti's sound soooooooooo good

BUT

with the audi, youll never have to replace the trasmission.........because you will never make enough horse power and torque to do it.
Oh you can do it, i had to build quite a few A4 transmissions from blown synchros and torn up helical gears. But that takes some serious power with an equally powerfull clutch.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:03 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: auditech79

ORIGINAL: jonus079

sti's sound soooooooooo good

BUT

with the audi, youll never have to replace the trasmission.........because you will never make enough horse power and torque to do it.
Oh you can do it, i had to build quite a few A4 transmissions from blown synchros and torn up helical gears. But that takes some serious power with an equally powerfull clutch.
not to mention a serious amount of money that would make you wonder why you're modding an audi in the first place.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:42 AM
3rd Gear

The STI as a second car would be so much fun lowered and low profile tires. Such a great bang for the buck!

Old 10-10-2007, 02:47 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ocadam

I dont know why but i just like it i would so take that for a second car. The silver one with the rims lower it a little with low profile tires it could be a thing of beauty and take down pretty much any car on the road.
I can't even read your post.................. and you used 'edit'

Old 10-10-2007, 02:54 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: 01A4T

I dont know why but i just like it i would so take that for a second car. The silver one with the rims lower it a little with low profile tires it could be a thing of beauty and take down pretty much any car on the road.
I had the STI picture in there but decided to take it out. Sorry for poor writing i will go bang my head on the wall teacher [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 10-10-2007, 03:10 AM
3rd Gear

I had the STI picture in there but decided to take it out. Sorry for poor writing i will go bang my head on the wall teacher [sm=headbang.gif]
It's not just poor grammar here and there. I have to read your post a few times. Im not a stickler for grammar, but have you ever heard of a period?

Old 10-10-2007, 03:16 AM
3rd Gear

It's not just poor grammar here and there. I have to read your post a few times. Im not a stickler for grammar, but have you ever heard of a period?

A what? I think thats something that happens to a girl?

Old 10-10-2007, 03:25 AM
3rd Gear

Okay,I guess I set myself up for that one.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:47 PM
2nd Gear

^^^[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

i didnt bother to read all three pages but STI and A4 are not even on the same planet for comparison...... im sure it has been explained by plenty of people above me for many obvious reasons

but i would get an EVO over and STI but thats just me!

the EVOs computer controlled AWD is quicker than the STI viscous AWD, plus i hate their look and scoop but to each his own

Old 10-10-2007, 03:46 PM
1st Gear

I like the new sti look, its better than that stupid huge wing on the back. A workmate has one of the older ones with a huge wing and a muffler you could put a cantalope in and everytime he drives into the parking lot I think "what a jack*ss".

go with the audi, it just a nicer car and it gets better chicks than the suby.