Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 Excessive Oil Consumption

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Help-A4 Excessive Oil Consumption

Thats because your parts guy is also an idiot too, obviously he doesn't even know what they are. Audi doesn't call a PCV system a PCV system. I can't remember exactly what it is but i have a pic of a PCV valve on my 2.7T (thatdoesn't exist either ) so you can point it out on ETKA when you talk to the parts guy.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:59 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the post I saw the same thing on my 07 A4 2.0T. But I thought it was a idiot in the service department that didn't put enough oil in it when it was changed. Well truthfully I thought it was possibly normal but with 10,000 miles it should not use that much oil. I to am a V-8 GM person. Learning about this 4 cylinder and turbo stuff is quite different. With the computers I think it is hell but that is only my opinion. I do really like the Audi though quite impressive.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Once you get comfortable with the turbo and the computer controls, you'll start to see how much potential there is for this type of engine versus an older, OHV pushrod engine. It's possible to get good mileage and good power from these types of engines without too much trouble. For huge power, mileage will suffer, but it's less likely that driveability will go down the tubes, and in any event, you'll still probably have better economy than the V8s and have the power to take many cars in a race to boot. Just keep an open mind, do a lot of reading and you'll appreciate what's possible with a smaller starting powerplant

Old 12-31-2007, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

I have been doing a bit of research on these and see what you are talking about. Plan so far is the down pipe, K@N filter and APR computer. This will be my starting point anyways. From there who knows. Ought to be fun though. I have to finish another project first. A 87 Sundance that has a 2.2 Turbo II motor. Originally had a turbo I motor. Everything on it is converted to a turbo II set up now. Increased turbo to 15 PSI with a Computer and put 3 inch exhaust with no cat, a true three inch swing valve and ported intake and exhaust manifold. Waiting on intercooler in the mail and tower strut. Ran like hell with just the computer, if I was on a bar stool I would have certianly fell off of it. Burning very good tires up at a stand still without power braking. A rush I haven't had since dragracing my buicks. Not sure if I want to get that radical with the Audi but who knows. I can never seem to leave stuff alone when it comes to vehicles.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

Still would like to see a picture of the PCV on a 2.0T so that I can see where it is. I can not believe it can be all that difficult to change it out.
AudiTech79 thanks for the picture. Just need a reference point to understand what and where I'm looking.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:08 PM
1st Gear

Went to the Audi dealer today. Spoke with the Tech and he showed me where the Pressure Relief Valve (aka PCV) is located on a 07 A4 with 2.0T engine.
For those that want to know. It is right on top next the the manifold between the # 2 and #3 injectors. It is very simple item to change out. However it is VERY costly. PRV is $52 plus gasket $46 plus taxes. Your talking $100 bucks, NOT the $20 as stated earlier in this post. Because this is such a costly item we will be speaking with the Audi service manager to get Audi to change it out. The car is still under warranty.
The tech guy knew exactly what the problem was and even knew that Audi still does not have a full proof PRV that is guaranteed to work. He said some work for ever and some may only last 10,000 miles or less.
If some one know where the PRV can be purchased for the @20 please advise.
Thanks.

Auditwins