Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 B7 seatbelt sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 06:36 AM
mll
1st Gear
Default A4 B7 seatbelt sensor

Is it possible to disable the setbelt sensor/warning sound?

Old 06-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Default RE: A4 B7 seatbelt sensor

now why would you want to do that?? (wear your seat belt) and it wont sound

Old 06-06-2006, 12:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 B7 seatbelt sensor

ORIGINAL: mll

Is it possible to disable the setbelt sensor/warning sound?
I had asked the dealer. They can with the ECU/ECM tool, but they won't do it.
If you can find someone with the VAG tool they could do it.

But, I did find an excellent way to take care of the beeping and warning lights. Take the passenger belt and route it under the armrest and lock it into the drivers buckle. Lights/warning stopped, issue solved. Well, at least it's solved for when you don't have a front passenger. If you have a passenger then you just wear your belt.

I'm looking for a spare buckle that will fit my B7. I want just the "male" portion of the buckle so that I can use it when I don't want to wear the belt.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Front end shimmy

Hi, what have you read on other forums about this problem. Has anyone else had this problem and had it corrected.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Front end shimmy

ORIGINAL: Dlowe

Hi, what have you read on other forums about this problem. Has anyone else had this problem and had it corrected.
I don't know that I would call this a "problem" per se, but I've looked for an answer and haven't found a solution other than the common,
"just wear belt." type comments.
My solution works really well for me, give it a try.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:03 PM

ahhh well this id different then, if its only you in the car and you wear your belt?? then its the sensor in the passenger seat (does the airbag light stay on-is it flashing if so the passenger seat/airbag has been switched off, if no airbag light find the source of the offending bleeper and pull it out because if the air bag light is on or flashing then its a relay that's the problem and its like a normal relay with slits in it which is the piezo alarm

Old 06-06-2006, 05:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

ahhh well this id different then, if its only you in the car and you wear your belt?? then its the sensor in the passenger seat (does the airbag light stay on-is it flashing if so the passenger seat/airbag has been switched off, if no airbag light find the source of the offending bleeper and pull it out because if the air bag light is on or flashing then its a relay that's the problem and its like a normal relay with slits in it which is the piezo alarm
I'm not sure what you mean by your post.
Let me see if I can clear up what I mean. When it's just me in the drivers seat the passenger airbag is turned off, as indicated by the yellow light in the dash. If I don't put on my seatbelt there is a chime that dings along with a red "seatbelt" symbol lighting up on the dash. I'm sure you've seen it.
If I use my seatbelt the chime stops the light goes out. The passenger air bag light still say "no air bag" as there is not passenger.
Passenger air bag sensors use sensor in the seat to detect weight, I don't believe any of them use the seatbelt to turn the air bag off/on.

If I don't use my seatbelt and I want the chime and red seatbelt symbol to turn off, I connect the front passenger seat belt clip into my drivers seatbelt buckle. The chime stops and the flashing red seatbelt symbol turns off. The passenger "no air bag" light stays lit in yellow and never changes.
If there is no passenger in the front the air bag is always turned off and the dash light tells you so. This is done to save the airbag in the event of a crash with no front passenger. This way the repair bill is less as the airbag won't deploy.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:52 PM

right ok that's normal because the passenger airbag has been switched off for what ever reason and the light is there to tell you this, its a pity they didn't think of an easier way to say this rather than the airbag light staying on which theoreticly means a fault, its normal mate

Old 06-06-2006, 05:56 PM

ps: it says so in the hand book

Old 06-06-2006, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

ps: it says so in the hand book
Yes, I know this. I was trying to help you understand.
BTW, the car "knows" not just for "whatever reason", but due to the sensor in the seat that detects by pressure/weight if there is a passenger.

There is a method to the madness.

Quick Reply: A4 B7 seatbelt sensor