Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 Avant vs. Parking meter...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default A4 Avant vs. Parking meter...

And the winner is....PARKING METER BY KNOCKOUT!!!!

First time in the snow in my Quattro and look what happens! Quattro great, Yokohama Avid V4s not so much. Came around a turn, started sliding sideways, got her mostly straightened out going down hill, started sliding again, countersteer, gave it a bit of gas and had to make a decision: blast a 2005 XTerra or take outa defenseless pair of parking meters. Better just my car than two, so I nailed the meters and stopped before hitting the buiding across the sidewalk. The base of the meter hung up under the car, and figuring the damage was done, I managed to back off. Within about 10 seconds the oil light came on and I knew I had a problem. Leaving a trail of oil (looked pretty clean!) I pulled into the parking garage I manage and parked it. Drove about block so hopefully no internal damage. I looked under the car and sure enough, a 2-3" gash in my oil pan. Thank God I am not lowered or who knows what sort of chaos that would have caused. So now I need a new pan, bumper, and what looks to be an air duct of some sort. No airbags deployed, thankfully.

I needed an oil change anyway. This was just mother nature's way of finding a novel (and expensive) way to drain it. And before you all scream that I can't drive, I was born, raised and learned to drive in Minnesota snow. Just wet heavy snow on top of light ice. I am blaming my tires, since it felt like I was driving on marbles.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:57 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 Avant vs. Parking meter...

wow dude sorry to hear that but it sounds exhilerating lol. good luck getting ur car back together try and put some before and after pictures.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:01 PM
1st Gear

oh that sucks man! post some pics. we need to see the carnage.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:21 PM
4th Gear

Did you get any tickets for this?

I wish i saved the pics of the building that my Audi took a bite out of.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:46 PM

Sorry to hear about your car, but...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 12-21-2006, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

well if you havent gotten ticketed, the city will probably be sending you or your insurance company a bill for two new parking meters, depending on which route you take to repair your car. stationary, imbedded objects usually do win these battles, even if your knock them clear off you still got your cars damage to deal with, good luck though!

Old 12-21-2006, 08:08 PM
4th Gear

Ouch!

Good call taking out the meters rather than the other vehicle.
That was mighty nice of you!
Your good Karma will pay off someday......

Old 12-21-2006, 08:08 PM
2nd Gear

Didn't hang around long enough to talk to any cops. They may be able to follow the oil trail, but my car will be towed soon (heh, heh). Insurance didn't seem to care about no police report.

Don't have digital camera so sorry, no pix. Tried to paint a picture with words.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:18 PM

You got a friend with a digital camera? So we can see the carnage?

Old 12-21-2006, 08:21 PM
4th Gear

A pic of the victim would also be nice if its still there.
Or better yetyou can throw the meter in your car to save as a memento and it will also help pay for therepairs.

Quick Reply: A4 Avant vs. Parking meter...