Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Default RE: A4 2.0t Quattro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

I am sick of people grinding over spelling its like a culture issue and not worthy of comment unless your trying to start something up like the middle east, English to many cultures is like pigeon talk but as long as we understand we teach in our answers

Old 06-29-2006, 03:19 PM
3rd Gear

did you guys ever figure out who's dick is bigger..lol he never did post any pics of his saab.. im not a big fan of them but one of the guys at the shop i got alot of my parts from has a biult saab and it looks really clean.. and he took me for a ride in it and the thing moved.. I still woudlnt own one though

Old 06-29-2006, 03:24 PM

if your into Saab/Audi/BMW/Merc then that sets the president (all are good cars if you like them) but its personal choice

Old 06-29-2006, 03:48 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

if your into Saab/Audi/BMW/Merc then that sets the president (all are good cars if you like them) but its personal choice

I agree, but your kind of starting trouble if you come over to an Audi forum and start talikng how great your Saab is.

I like most of the euro cars, saabs aren't all that bad, just ugly in my opinion.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:54 PM

I dont have a saab (yet) what made you think that?? if you broke me in half like blackpool rock it would a mechanic not the cars I own

Old 06-29-2006, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

I dont have a saab (yet) what made you think that?? if you broke me in half like blackpool rock it would a mechanic not the cars I own
We then... if Audi parts then Saab noose when late is drive.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:05 PM
4th Gear

Uh, I didn't mean you, I meant the SAAB guys that were posting. I am having trouble understanding the second part of your post though.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

coming in these forums acting all high class is pretty lame, driving a swedish car does not make you high class. oh, and the spelling issue, wow, do you really feel better when you spell everything right? price performance ratio, i think you spent as much as you paid for your car to make your Fwd Saab that fast, with audis all you need is a chip, and if you want more, you dont need to sell you kidney on the black market to make your audi fast. audi has made cars that won many championships and races and the same people have designed the cars we drive, i havent heard of Saabs Championship cars. what i'm trying to say is that i highly doubt that Saab engineering equals Audi engineering in making cars. i never liked the Saabs because of the way they look, the new ones look alright, but the interior is still not on par with its competition.

back to the original question, i would go for the Audi a4 2.0t, that is a very sweet engine. the torque curve is so smooth, you wouldnt belive you're driving a turbo car. there's no lag, that engine is freaking awesome. and one simple chip takes you up to 230 hp, and around 270 lbs of tq, that is nice, imagine having 270 lbs tq in small car like that while still getting 24/30 highway mileage. no other car does that, same goes for the 1.8t engines, that's one of the main reasons i went with audi, they're not only very nice luxurious cars, but they're also very PRACTICAL. in the snow (if you skii or snowboard) it does awesome, i has plenty of room for four adults, big trunk, unbelievable mileage for the power you can get from stock engine+chip, and very stylish looks. and the fwd saab handling snow as good as an audi, now that's ridiculous. another personal opinion, the 06 a4 looks much nicer than the 06 Saab 9-3. plus you'll look much better in an a4, which just got a complete exterior redesign, compared to an 06 Saab 9-3 which has the same body style since 2003. Ohh, and the interior of the Saab does not even touch on the beauty of audi's interior. one last thing, you get full torque on the audi from 1800 rpm, when the saab gets it when? that's right turbo lag. CASE CLOSED.

I KNOW THIS IS A LOT TO READ, BUT I THINK IT PRETTY MUCH SUMS UP ALL THE RESPONSES ON THIS THREAD.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

ORIGINAL: mike saunders

And the A4 isn't a glorified Passat?

Get over yourself, skipper.

And Session, the key is put in the center console because Saab found that the usual key location (to the right of the steering wheel) often caused severe knee injuries during accidents. Nothing like having jagged metal right next to exposed tendons.

If you're ever in the Boston area, I'd like to race my pile of poop against yours. Before my last tune, I was taking S4s from a roll.

Any idea changing the location of the key away from the knee is smart. Kudo's to Saab for that.

"Glorified Passat? A comment like that won't get you taken seriously by people who know their cars.
I like Saab. I prefer the A4. No, the A4 is not a Passat.
And, don't knock the Passat either, it's a fine automobile.