Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 05:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

ORIGINAL: clconversion

...second I went to your Saab forum www.saabcentral.com and you guys act real grown up over there ...
Glad you noticed. Maybe you can try it over here.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:41 PM
3rd Gear

good one! [sm=yeahsmile.gif]

--E

Old 06-28-2006, 07:14 PM
s2k
1st Gear

wow that was an interesting read...pissing contests are pretty lame....but the main question was dumb to ask to an audi forum...obviously people buy what they like and they are going to think that its better than what everyone else drives...i hear it a lot driving an s2000...people always talk about the cars problems but dont realize that some people can overlook slight problems bcs of pure enjoyment of driving ones car...

Old 06-28-2006, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: s2k

wow that was an interesting read...pissing contests are pretty lame....but the main question was dumb to ask to an audi forum...obviously people buy what they like and they are going to think that its better than what everyone else drives...i hear it a lot driving an s2000...people always talk about the cars problems but dont realize that some people can overlook slight problems bcs of pure enjoyment of driving ones car...
Well s2k thank you for another insightful opinion. I asked the question figuring people had done some research, had some experience and could possibly provide some info. Who knows maybe I could learn something in the process. I participate on forums on other sites for other cars I have and this type of car talk is common. Sure you always get some punk responses but most folks like to discuss what they like about their car and what they consider its advantages.

Usually you get meaningful answers, opinions, and some degree of respect for other brands...usually.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:53 PM

haha well I just went over to there site to post up some **** like they do over here and my post got deleted what a bunch of tool bags they are over there we should deleete these Saab ******** posts on here

Old 06-28-2006, 08:05 PM
1st Gear

Wow, i just read 2 and a quarter pages of hilarity. Everyone has their own opinions..... If we were all communists, everyone that posted in this thread would be fu@ked!

Old 06-28-2006, 08:11 PM

Guys, can't we all just get along? They like Saabs and we like Audis. In closing...

Old 06-28-2006, 08:51 PM
2nd Gear

My 2cents...

You're either a Saab guy, or you're not. Given the overall asthetics of the car (mostly exterior and a few other quirky things like the ignition positioning), you're going to have a strong, largely emotional reaction to how it looks. Either positive or negative. Are you going to like looking at the Saab in your driveway every morning more than an Audi? Personally, I love the lines of my A4.

In terms of performance, lets not split hairs over modifcations (even though this is a tuner website, duh)...both cars are going to perform admirably in a variety of conditions, we're not talking about freaking Hyundai's and Saturns here. My buddy has a sweet 9-5x that he chipped, threw in an exhaust, downpipe and shortshifter, and the thing hauls ***. I wouldn't buy it, 'cause I wouldn't want to drive a wagon. Sure, his car can smoke my 2.8L off the line, but whatever...mine still looks better :-)

The only performance advantage I would argue...Quattro > other 4-wheel drive platforms. Copied, but never duplicated. All AWD systems are NOT the same.

Oh, and trying to bag on some guy for making common gramatical errors during a message board flamewar? Prreeetty lame Milhouse. I write for a living, I notice every typo...but I'm not a big enough D-bag to bring it up.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:41 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7

Oh, and trying to bag on some guy for making common gramatical errors during a message board flamewar? Prreeetty lame Milhouse. I write for a living, I notice every typo...but I'm not a big enough D-bag to bring it up.

[sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 06-29-2006, 02:09 PM
2nd Gear

And the irony that I myself misspelled "gramatical" only underscores my point. We all write fast, nobody uses a spellchecker for this stuff. Don't be that guy at a party who lectures people that "irregardless" isn't a word, and "farther" relates to distance, while "further" relates to magnitude or degree, etc...certainly not while trying to make an argument for friendly, informed debate about the topic at hand.

And to the original poster...buy the Audi. Seriously, were you expecting a different answer from "AudiForums"?

Quick Reply: A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero