Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:43 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

saab is an acquired taste - especially aesthetic wise

(RE:German cars, having had a 545is and an M3 in the family, I was not at all impressed with the 325).

of course lol that's like going from a jet plane to twin propellers

at least try out the 330i or 330 zhp or even the new e90 330i with tons of power)

Old 06-28-2006, 12:47 PM
2nd Gear

wow these n00bs are making my head spin. [sm=icon_blah.gif]

i like saabs, used to own one. (interiors need to get redesigned.)

Old 06-28-2006, 01:02 PM

pcdjc not to start any more wars with the Saab guys but this is just a fact that price is one of the important factors that your decision will be made on look at the resale on the Saab is just horrible

Old 06-28-2006, 01:04 PM

PJTocci thay are not even Noob's they are members from a Saab forum that feel they have to come over here to defend there cars

Old 06-28-2006, 02:25 PM

It's all personal preference. I like Saabs and Audis... and Volvos, and BMW's, and VW's, etc... But I personally like Audi the most, thusly I bought one. I test drove a bunch of cars. In my opinion:

Saab - Average all around car, smooth, and somewhat oddly designed
BMW - Luxury, and power, mean looking cars, RWD sucks in winter, pricey
Volvo - Most comfortable drive, fairly priced, AWD, but has a rep of being an old person car
VW - for the younger crowd, lower price, not as comfortable ride, interior is ok
Audi - luxury, power, AWD, excellent handling, fairly priced, easily upgradable, very nice interior/exterior

Not that anyone cares.. but thats just my 2 cents.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:53 PM
3rd Gear

dude...just get whatever the hell you want...dont come here looking for an unbiased opinion on your life changing decision....get your crap saab (IMHO)...we really dont care (sorry if im making too broad of a statement guys)

--E

Old 06-28-2006, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

I was beginning to give up hope, but Kaklexicon's is among the fairest and most mature posts in the entire thread.

You're absolutely right about personal preference. I actually like Audis -- my brother-in-law's 2001 S4 is a sweet ride -- but I wanted/needed something with more utility and reliability. I agree with the comment about odd design, but that quirkiness was one of the appeals.

The Audi AWD system is provably excellent and its solid handling is increasingly a selling point, which is one of the reasons BMW came out with its AWD system. Saab is currently developing an AWD sport coupe and will likely introduce AWD through the product line.

So...the original poster has some choices to make, and with any luck, he'll get ample seat time behind the wheel to make an informed choice.

ORIGINAL: kaklexicon

It's all personal preference. I like Saabs and Audis... and Volvos, and BMW's, and VW's, etc... But I personally like Audi the most, thusly I bought one. I test drove a bunch of cars. In my opinion:

Saab - Average all around car, smooth, and somewhat oddly designed
BMW - Luxury, and power, mean looking cars, RWD sucks in winter, pricey
Volvo - Most comfortable drive, fairly priced, AWD, but has a rep of being an old person car
VW - for the younger crowd, lower price, not as comfortable ride, interior is ok
Audi - luxury, power, AWD, excellent handling, fairly priced, easily upgradable, very nice interior/exterior

Not that anyone cares.. but thats just my 2 cents.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:35 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: clconversion

PJTocci thay are not even Noob's they are members from a Saab forum that feel they have to come over here to defend there cars

Actually, I felt I had to come over here to defend the language. Son, punctuation won't make your hair fall out, or give you more acne. And "there," "their," and "they're" are three different and distinct words, phonetically similar but not interchangable.

PJTocci, they are not even noobs. They are members of a Saab forum who feel they have to come over here to defend their cars.

See? Now, isn't that better?

Old 06-28-2006, 04:17 PM

fist off I am not your Son

second I went to your Saab forum www.saabcentral.com and you guys act real grown up over there as well definetly sounds like a bunch of 60 year old men driving a Cavilier woops I mean Saab

Third yes I do type fast and I didn't know I was in english class hey Mike who give a Fu@k

Old 06-28-2006, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

Be nice, or I'll correct you again!

Quick Reply: A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero