Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:39 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

This should be moved to 'saab talk'

oh ya this is a FU(KING Audi forum here your saab is [sm=owned.gif] so STFU []

Old 06-28-2006, 12:44 AM
1st Gear

heheheh...

I counter your lame attempts at arguments with facts, and all you have is STFU?

That's just sad.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:50 AM

your car is only 300 lbs light that is not something to be proud of concidering we have a lot more drivetrain than you do

as per the fwd death trap you live in Boston right you get snow you ever get into trouble with that fwd of yours i bet you have with awd and my big turbo I have no problems at all driving around in a foot of snow

I'd definetly be interested to see how quickly you would catch up I know I was driving a fwd A3 that I chipped and that is just 250 hp at the crank and it was chirping 3 gear not much traction at all so for you a 400 WHP fwd car does not equal traction

ok might be made by the same company but a least they have differences the passat and A4 look no where a like exterior or interior but the 9-2x and WRX its the same car all around again the reason i think they only made this car for 1 year correct me if I am wrong I do not know Saab as well as my old man but my guess would be due to sales on the product were just not there to support it

Old 06-28-2006, 12:52 AM

whatever what is your Saab forum I will come over there and argue with you all day long about your POS Cavilier woops I mean Saab haha

Old 06-28-2006, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

I was checking the 1.8L. The 2.7L is even heavier.

I live up close to the New Hampshire border, so we get a lot of snow. No problems at all, my friend.

Last I checked, there has always been a lot of snow in Sweden.

[sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 06-28-2006, 01:07 AM
2nd Gear

gotta love the pissing matches

kinda reminds me of the one that was on the mustang forum a while back... now THAT was hysterical

Old 06-28-2006, 01:07 AM

the 2.7 is in the S4

ok i was trying to be nice but if you are saying you are having no troubles in the snow in a 400whp fwd car I gotta call [sm=bs.gif] I am sorry I have had it all fwd rwd and this being my first awd car and been driving in Canadian winters for 13 years I have gotten myself into some scary situations with a 90 hp car and i definetly feel 100% safer driving my AWD Audi

Old 06-28-2006, 01:24 AM
2nd Gear

wow i love this

u go on a bmw forum ppl have their asses stuck in their heads and say bmw owns all ... i go on an audi forusm - same ****

just cuz u love audis doesn't mean you have to be ignorant

just admit both are great cars ... and its a matter of preference ... jeez

in terms of race cars, i'll take an rs4 over a saab or whatever unless its an m series bimmer

in terms of daily drivers , i'd go audi

in terms of a nice weekend car, i'd go bmw or a nice sab or tt convertible

IT'S ALL A MATTER OF OPINION so there's no point to get into a pissing match

clc, i wasn't comparing audi cars to saab planes, i was just tryin to say 1) don't knock on saab engineering as a company and 2) saab specializes in their own **** so no need to be crazy

Old 06-28-2006, 03:45 AM

The original poster wanted info from new A4 owners who may have cross-shopped with the '06 9-3 Aero. Some on this thread have just resorted to brand bashing, instead of offering some thoughtful comments. If I were a prospective Audi buyer (and I'm not) and came upon this thread seeking some insight, I'd definitely WOULD NOT buy an A4-based on the inane comments of a few.

Don't get me wrong-I like the A4. It's a really cool car. (however, the S4 is better)

Old 06-28-2006, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: SAAB007

The original poster wanted info from new A4 owners who may have cross-shopped with the '06 9-3 Aero. Some on this thread have just resorted to brand bashing, instead of offering some thoughtful comments. If I were a prospective Audi buyer (and I'm not) and came upon this thread seeking some insight, I'd definitely WOULD NOT buy an A4-based on the inane comments of a few.

Don't get me wrong-I like the A4. It's a really cool car. (however, the S4 is better)

Thanks. I have to say I did expect more from this forum. German beer and US dollar comments?

After having spent several days going over both cars I can say they both have their strengths. Don't understand the knock on Saab's interior as they seem very comparable to me. In the end I looked at G35, 325, Subaru Legacy GT, A4, and 9-3. IMO the 9-3 and A4 provide the most exciting driving experience. (RE:German cars, having had a 545is and an M3 in the family, I was not at all impressed with the 325).

As far winter driving, it snows in Sweden too you you. I've driven my 9-5 through 8" of snow. Saab's done a nice job eliminating torque steer in the 9-3 but AWD certainly is a different animal. Seating comfort in superb in both cars. Astetics... very subjective but I appreciate both. Both cars are good at avoiding accidents and protecting you inf you are in one.

Biggest differences are power curve, AWD/FWD and price. My decision will be based on this.

Quick Reply: A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero