Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero

Clnconversion, I saw your modlist.

What is that T28 good for, maybe 275-290 whp? 320 whp if pushed to its efficiency limit?

I'm running a GT3071R with a 2.3L engine, 630cc injectors, full 3" exhaust, uprated fuel pump, Brembo 4-pot brakes, etc.....there are a host of other go fast goodies. And...I can run a blow-off valve. And...it's a daily driver. There's even a car seat in the back because it's an incredibly safe car.

The internals are stock because, contrary to what your old man told you, some Saab bottom ends are capable of 400+ whp...stock. No forged pistons needed.

That user blackvision999 has a pretty bad-*** setup.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:51 PM
2nd Gear

i love saabs, a 9-3 converitble was my dream car as a kid

that's the 3 brands i'd drive

saab, audi and bimmers

Old 06-27-2006, 11:01 PM
3rd Gear

[sm=outcold.gif]

I love these kind of posts....so much tech and [sm=bs.gif]

Old 06-27-2006, 11:32 PM

Mike saunders I would like to see some pics of your setup before I say any more please and you are running+whp on a FWD car and tonnes of torque steer I bet

ejc317 how are you comparing racing a jet to a car [&:]

I have nothing against the old saabs my old man has had quite a few right now he is driving a 98 9000cse great car for him relible as **** still made in sweden great car mind you he is 60 so maybe when I am 60 I will have a saab as well (most likley not)

and what is up with the 9-2X who the hell bought this car wasn't it more than a WRX ?

It is just the new Saabs are GM no matter what HP they can hold it all comes down to the crap factor hence why I will never drive domestic myself

Old 06-27-2006, 11:57 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: clconversion

Mike saunders I would like to see some pics of your setup before I say any more please and you are running+whp on a FWD car and tonnes of torque steer I bet
Polyurethane bushings all around, steering rack mount, Konis, and B+G springs help deliver the power to the ground.

It is just the new Saabs are GM no matter what HP they can hold it all comes down to the crap factor hence why I will never drive domestic myself
The old Saab your old man loves and that you admitted is a "great car" was built eight years AFTER GM bought a majority share of Saab. All Saabs to this day are built in Sweden and Finland. The 9-2X was built on a WRX chassis, sort of the way your passat...uh...A4 shares many of its key components with VW, Seat and Skoda.

And what's "domestic" for a Canadian?

A "German" BMW built in South Carolina?
A "Japanese" Toyota built in Tennessee?
A "German" VW built in Mexico?

Old 06-28-2006, 12:00 AM
4th Gear

You guys are taking this question way out of context. Simple answer is AUDI>Saab. End of freakin discussion. Now stop your meaningless technical BS.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:06 AM
4th Gear

If Saabs so great go buy an airplane, or join the military.

if you want a race car buy an audi.

If you want to buy a heavy-*** car, and spend twice as much as its worth to make it fast, and have a front wheel drive death trap, buy a FWD saab with a car seat in the back.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:07 AM

I'm sure all your polyurethane bushings and all will help but even with your claiming 400 Whp my A4 will still beat you to 60 with AWD and a stg 3 clutch

the passat and A4 are pretty much the same car but they are made by the same company as the TT shares a loy from the golf/jetta as well but we are talking to completly different manufactures

cars can be built wherever its the parts that are going in side what counts

BTW whats up with the Canadian jokes if you want jokes what a joke right now is the US dollar now thats funny

no offence to the members on here not making fun of us Canadians

Old 06-28-2006, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

If you want to buy a heavy-*** car, and spend twice as much as its worth to make it fast, and have a front wheel drive death trap, buy a FWD saab with a car seat in the back.
My heavy-*** car is lighter than yours by about 300 lbs, so I'd need your mom in the passenger seat to equalize....Zing!

And the "front-wheel drive death trap" you're slagging?

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/

Tops in safety among all cars tested, including the A3, A4, BMW 3 series, Jetta and the Passat.

That sucking noise is your total pwonage....

Old 06-28-2006, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: clconversion

I'm sure all your polyurethane bushings and all will help but even with your claiming 400 Whp my A4 will still beat you to 60 with AWD and a stg 3 clutch
No...you'd absolutely kill me to 30, but then I'd catch up. Quickly.

the passat and A4 are pretty much the same car but they are made by the same company as the TT shares a loy from the golf/jetta as well but we are talking to completly different manufactures
Same company, right? Isn't that what you're saying about Saab/GM?

Quick Reply: A4 2.0t Quatro Vs. Saab 9-3 Aero