Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a4 18t vs rx8

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Default RE: a4 18t vs rx8

ORIGINAL: discontained

i can tell you this.. raced a rx8 stock.. a4 = owned.. after mods.. rx8 = owned..
I doubt that, unless the rx8 was an auto. the mazda has close to 240hp bone stock (if it's a 6MT model), and weighs less than your car. even with all your mods you're probably only around the same power, and you have a tip. I really really doubt that you'd "own" a stock rx8 with your car.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Belligerenceā„¢

ORIGINAL: discontained

i can tell you this.. raced a rx8 stock.. a4 = owned.. after mods.. rx8 = owned..
I doubt that, unless the rx8 was an auto. the mazda has close to 240hp bone stock (if it's a 6MT model), and weighs less than your car. even with all your mods you're probably only around the same power, and you have a tip. I really really doubt that you'd "own" a stock rx8 with your car.
I should prolly clarify.. my b. :] not tryin to start anything. But i had a car or 2 on him. not bus lengths. I did cheat kinda.. 14psi off the line.. powerbrake ftw.. (i was running highboost that night too so depends on how you look at it)

Old 09-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Yeah, well, VTEC - all of the lag, none of the boost. It's like waiting for bad sex.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Administrator

It's "run what ya brung" bro - that's not cheating, it's using everything you have at your disposal. And Belligerence, remember that the biggest factor in any race is the driver. If discontained can drive his car well, and the RX8 driver can't, then the 8 is gonna have a nice view of A4 taillights. The "faster" car only really matters if both drivers are at least somewhat competent. A bone stock 1.8T could take a Z28 if Joe Dirt in the Camaro doesn't know what he's doing, and sometimes having a lot of power can be a handicap, especially when it's put down through two wheels. Hamfisting the throttle just makes noise and smoke when that happens, instead of forward momentum. Then the less-powerful or otherwise "slower" car may well win. I don't know what discontained is making for power, but if his car's supposed to be slower, but Mr. Mazda doesn't know how to properly wring the power out of his car, then it's not too far-fetched that he's gonna put lengths on the guy.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

It's "run what ya brung" bro - that's not cheating, it's using everything you have at your disposal. And Belligerence, remember that the biggest factor in any race is the driver. If discontained can drive his car well, and the RX8 driver can't, then the 8 is gonna have a nice view of A4 taillights. The "faster" car only really matters if both drivers are at least somewhat competent. A bone stock 1.8T could take a Z28 if Joe Dirt in the Camaro doesn't know what he's doing, and sometimes having a lot of power can be a handicap, especially when it's put down through two wheels. Hamfisting the throttle just makes noise and smoke when that happens, instead of forward momentum. Then the less-powerful or otherwise "slower" car may well win. I don't know what discontained is making for power, but if his car's supposed to be slower, but Mr. Mazda doesn't know how to properly wring the power out of his car, then it's not too far-fetched that he's gonna put lengths on the guy.
I think that's pretty well assumed. of course the RX will have it's *** handed to it if the guy who's driving it can't do just that - drive it. however, I still think it's lame to say you "owned" the RX8 if indeed the guy who was driving it didn't know what he was doing.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Not to start a pissing contest, but unless the 8 is fishtailing and banging off the limiter, it may be kind of tough to tell the guy can't drive. In any event, the end result was a happy one - Audi 1, Mazda 0. Whatever the reason, or combination of reasons, it's still a "W" in the score column

Old 09-15-2007, 10:24 PM

rx8's are loud. if he's slow in shifting, you'll hear it.

but yeah, I'm not interested in a pissing match. a win is a win I guess.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Exactly And let's face it, some people here have built some pretty impressive machines, but for the most part, we're probably at the slower end of the automotive forum world - any respectable car one of us beats is a reason for us to be happy. The 84 Corolla we beat on the way to get an egg mcmuffin doesn't count, but an RX8 going down, for whatever reason, is reason enough for me to be happy to hear the news.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

Exactly And let's face it, some people here have built some pretty impressive machines, but for the most part, we're probably at the slower end of the automotive forum world - any respectable car one of us beats is a reason for us to be happy. The 84 Corolla we beat on the way to get an egg mcmuffin doesn't count, but an RX8 going down, for whatever reason, is reason enough for me to be happy to hear the news.
I beat a newer infinity g35 off the line to 55mph. Then he got pulled over, that was a good win for me, no ticket
Makes me wonder how some crappy cars can keep up with you, it's like NO!!!! A 2001 Maxima that was stock was just barely slower then me.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 PM

he must have been a crappy driver to cuz i dont think im suppose to beat a g35.