Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

60k service finally finished today 6/28-7/10

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:28 AM
2nd Gear
Default 60k service finally finished today 6/28-7/10

So I went on vacation for a week in San Diego and told my dad to bring my car in for the 60k service + TB. The very first thing I told him was not to take it to a dealership.

So I get back, and when I get picked up from the airport, he told me that we can go pick the car up now. Turns out he took it to an Audi/Porsche dealership. The total was $3400.

On top of the regular service, they also replaced the clutch (said it was worn to the rivets) I always thought it grabbed high normally, like in the last 1" or so of travel. Never slipped on my even when I launched it. Anyway, now it grabs about halfway. I'm gonna have to spare it launches till I finish seating it.

They also replaced the bank 1 O2 sensor and said my water pump/cam adjustor gasket seals were leaking (replaced) and valve cover gasket.

They found a slight play in the tie rods but wasn't enough to warrant replacement (I already knew about this).

The intermittent ABS problem is caused by an open circuit in the ABS module (basically said it needs to be replaced) and that, "I still have ABS" I just unplugged it since its the dry season and I like it better anyway.

I went to pick up the car at 3:00, and didn't get it till 4:30.

Immediatly when I got in the car, I noticed the shift linkage was shifted way backwards. I took it back and got it fixed real quick. I thought I was done, but ended up having to go back when the car was misfiring under boost. I took the tech for a test drive while he was running vag-com and saw that it was misfiring on cyl. 3. He swapped out the coil for cyl. 1 and moved the misfire to cyl. 1, and traced it to a back coil. The service manager gave me a free coil for free out of good will.

The tech was a really nice guy and told me about the B5 Nogaro S4 he just got 3 weeks ago and chipped and lowered. He also used to have a mk3 vr6 GTI, but someone totalled it when it was parked on the street. I really liked the tech, but the service manager was a real sleezeball... he looked more like he belonged on the lot selling cars. I went out to another B5 to compare the linkage and show him how it should be. He asked me my name again and I told him 'Cameron'. He said, "Gee, thats the great name... I wish I was named Cameron, but I got stuck with George"

Anyway, the tech was real nice, and I am thinking about calling him up in the future in case I need some work done to see if he'd like to do it on the side.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 60k service finished today

Little update:

CEL came on this morning, and now it won't pump more than 2 gallons of gas at a time at the station.

The dealership's shop is closed for the weekend. I have work tomorrow thru saturday (minus tuesday) so I have pretty much no way of getting it there unless I go in at 6:30 AM monday, drop the car off, fight them for a loaner of some sort and be late to work at 8:00.

I'm so pissed at them and there is no way I'm going to be paying for thier mistakes.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:12 PM
5th Gear

3400 bucks? Clutch or not, that is disgusting.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

thats how much i got my car for LOL

Old 07-01-2006, 08:11 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah, it is horrible. Good thing I'm spoiled and don't pay for maintenence yet. I usually do stuff myself, but my dad said no on the TB service.

Still no word from George about getting me my car fixed properly.

Old 07-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Administrator

damn dude, you kinda got hosed there.. good luck with getting all the kinks fixed..

Old 07-01-2006, 08:42 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah, what pisses me off is the fact that it was supposed to be done by friday (which they thought it was) and only now after having brought it to a dealership do I have all these problems. I'm going to demand a comparable loaner car. I just called George again on his cell, still no answer. I might go back there later and demand to speak to someone. My strategy is that I might be looking to trade up for a newer model (I'm not, but if I was, I'd go elsewhere).

I guess one good thing is that the warranty on the work done is good at any audi dealership. I know a guy at a VW indie shop that just got certified as being the same thing as a dealership service department, so I might try and see if he would be willing to do it.

If they don't fix it right this time, I'm taking it elsewhere and making damn sure they know I'm calling AoA.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:26 PM
3rd Gear

Fu(king **** [:@]

Old 07-02-2006, 02:03 AM
2nd Gear

I went down to the dealership with the intention of making a scene. I walked through the front door instead of through the service department and asked to speak to someone from the service department. The salesman explains its closed today. I told him that I just had my car serviced there, and its an emergency. My check engine light is on and I need to have it checked out now.

He tells me its probably nothing.
I told him no, I just had it serviced, I think you screwed up, you need to figure out what is wrong.
He tells me that no one will be in until monday.
Thanks. I have work sunday, monday, tuesday is a holiday, then back to work wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday.
He tells me that I can come in early in the morning, at 7:30.
Great, my shift starts at 8:00. You want me to take time off work and sacrifice my pay so that you can do what should have been done before I picked the car up. I'll see you monday.

I made damn sure they know I was angry with thier 'service.'

So now I find out they won't be open until 7:30 AM monday, I start work at 8. ****, can't make it. That means I have to take off early from my job, lose money, and argue with the sleezy idiots who thinks he can tell me exactly what isn't wrong with my car without even running vag-com, much less going within 100 feet of it (he's not even a tech).

Now the new twist is that because I'm 18, not 25, I'm pretty sure they can't give me a loaner car. Now I have no way to get to work if they need to keep it overnight, not to mention no way to get home from the ******* dealership in the first place.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, now my dad thinks that because the service cost so much, I should pay for some of it. If he brings it up, I'm basically going to tell him that he feels that way, he can go ahead and either keep the car as his own with the body damage I was going to fix (some of which not caused by me) or not try to make me pay for it because he made a mistake of taking it there.

I've changed the name of the thread until I get it done right. I'll keep updates coming.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:00 PM
3rd Gear

Audi service managers dont really give a dam whinny 18 yo. Thats just the way it is. Just be happy he didnt tell you where the nearest vw dealer was. Your best bet in this situation would be for your dad to deal with the service department. He paid for the work. He ok'ed the work. Let him deal with it.

Quick Reply: 60k service finally finished today 6/28-7/10