Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 Audi A4...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:20 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 1998 Audi A4...

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

Alright....I'd say go for the RS4 grille...100$ and looks great!...for headlights...stick w stock (as far as I am concerned)...I'd say go for a nice set of bulbs...many people on this forum have different opinions on bulbs, so I'd say use the search section at the top of the page....for tail lights...stick w stock, alot of the time the aftermarket junk leaks and looks really ricey.....I'd say first thing on you'r list should be a chip from GIAC (best for the B5(your model))...and you will need to upgrade your diverter valve(Forge is amazing IMO)...extremely easy install, you are under the car for 5minutes....the idea with the chip is not for speed demons(not even close actually), but you will feel that currently the car really isn't all that fast...I guess you could call it peppy maybe....the idea with the chip, is that it gets your car up there in the fun to drive section.... and the next thing on your list should be a nice set of 18's and a nice suspension set up would be H&R springs on Bilstein shocks....check out awe-tuning for the suspension.....

well whatever you do, good luck!

the search button is gonna be a big help for you!
Alright. Well I need new tail lights because the current ones are damaged slightly, but otherwise, how much are the chips/components you were talking about? As for the nice bulbs, should I do those new Sylvania halogens, if they come in H7? As for the grille you mentioned, I just looked online for it, and there were like 10 diff versions. Do you by chance have a link? If you do, could you please provide it?

Thanks for all your help.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:51 AM

for the RS4 grille http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...mp;IL=rs4grill

I'd still say stick w stock tail lights, try ebay, or the classifieds on the forum...

the chip cost me 400$ and 55$ for install, I bought mine from stasis, but I actually brought my car in, the other way to do it would be to send out your ecu...go to http://www.giacusa.com/index.php search for your nearest dealer....for the diverter valve the cheapest (extremely effective) would be to buy the diverter valve for the TT, 710N is the part...they usually run about 35$ from dealer, or a bunch of places online...

Sylvania Silver stars are what I run, I think they ran like 45$, but they are nice and white, from what I hear the blue-er the bulb, the less it lights up the road....

also from the first link take a look at the susp. stuff...the spring and shock set run 728$ it will feel like a completely different car, plus stock suspension on the B5's really rides high....this kit drops you 1.9" in fromt and 1.5" in rear, looks amazing, and feels even better!

also, if you are looking into wheels (don't call them rims!) you should take a look at the RS4 replica wheels on Ebay....they definately look amazing, but they come with audi center caps(don't buy them without)...they run like 500$ for a nice set of 18"X8", they put more tire on the ground (helps with traction) and look amazing doing it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Hy...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-05-2007, 02:01 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

for the RS4 grille http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...mp;IL=rs4grill

I'd still say stick w stock tail lights, try ebay, or the classifieds on the forum...

the chip cost me 400$ and 55$ for install, I bought mine from stasis, but I actually brought my car in, the other way to do it would be to send out your ecu...go to http://www.giacusa.com/index.php search for your nearest dealer....for the diverter valve the cheapest (extremely effective) would be to buy the diverter valve for the TT, 710N is the part...they usually run about 35$ from dealer, or a bunch of places online...

Sylvania Silver stars are what I run, I think they ran like 45$, but they are nice and white, from what I hear the blue-er the bulb, the less it lights up the road....

also from the first link take a look at the susp. stuff...the spring and shock set run 728$ it will feel like a completely different car, plus stock suspension on the B5's really rides high....this kit drops you 1.9" in fromt and 1.5" in rear, looks amazing, and feels even better!

also, if you are looking into wheels (don't call them rims!) you should take a look at the RS4 replica wheels on Ebay....they definately look amazing, but they come with audi center caps(don't buy them without)...they run like 500$ for a nice set of 18"X8", they put more tire on the ground (helps with traction) and look amazing doing it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Hy...QQcmdZViewItem

Seems like you know what your talking about. However, yeah those wheels (NOT RIMS ) are amazingly nice, but idk how they would look on a 1998 A4, IMO those would look best on maybe a 2002 A4 or newer. Chances are I will go with those Sylvania light bulbs, just because my friend has them, and they look amazing (despite the cost, I would probably need what, 4 bulbs, 2 on each side? I can't think right now). But I am going to be turning 16 in a week (then I get my car) and I was going to gradually mod my car out (althought I would like to do it all right now, you can't get everything that you want :-\) Chances are...as of right now, I would probably just get the light bulbs, the grille, and POSSIBLY (and thats a BIG BIG possibility), get those wheels, but you figure for the set its $500, I wonder how much tires would be that would fit that? I am looking to get hopefully Pirelli's (spelling?) or Toyo's on my car, just because...but yeah, I definetly want to make my car something special, even though it is going to be my first car.

So, with each new post comes new questions from me (sorry if I am bugging yourself or anyone else, as I said, I am new with all of this stuff), it sounds like...I could stay with the stock suspension until I save up that $800 or so, or do I have to get that suspension in order for these wheels to fit? Also, kind of a dumb question, but the ECU doesn't improve MPG or anything like that at all, does it?

Thanks Again!

-Blue

Old 01-05-2007, 02:26 AM

so, I attached a pic of a B5 with the RS4 rpelicas...they are hott imo....oh, and at the same time I stole that pic from someones sig(sorry!)
the car in the pick is definately lowered and if you installed the wheels without a drop, you would have a huge gap (the car would look like a small suv pretty much)....at the same time i'd say suspension before wheels anyday, but if you are looking for instant gratification, just run your stock shox and the H&R springs, they only run $230....most people I know run a 225 on 18's if that helps on tire size...besides that on the ecu I think the gas mileage actually does improve...somewhere between 1 and 3 mpg...and a word of advice would be, get the car to perform, before you make it look like a performer....just my 2 cents....