Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 Audi A4...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:03 PM
1st Gear
Default 1998 Audi A4...

Hey guys, I am new here and I was hoping maybe you guys could help me out...

I am currently looking at this 1998 Audi A4 1.8T and Quattro. I have been trying to find some nice head lights, tail lights, and grille for it, but I am not sure where to look. I found some head lights on eBay that my friend (who is like a car wiz) said would be fine, and he said the tail lights would be fine too. However, when I asked other people, they said the head lights were garbage, and what I should basically keep them stock and put a black cover over it (sorry, I don't really know the name of the cover yet, its a black see thru lens though). As for the tail lights, I am looking for euro lights in general, and I am looking for a grille without the Audi logo on it. Furthermore, I was looking at the car, and I notice that the middle bold cover in the middle of the rim (the part with the Audi logo in the middle) was gone on 2 of my tires. I was wondering where should I go to replace those too? Maybe an Audi dealership?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Old 01-04-2007, 11:47 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: 1998 Audi A4...

http://www.lltek.com/grills.htm For the badgeless grill.

One-piece headlights with clear corners are nice, and most Audi owners like to keep the stock tail lights as they look nice as they are (at least to me).

IMO, your best bet on the centers for the wheels would be for sale sections of forums, as going to the stealership and overpaying by an arm and a leg for something like that seems almost offensive. [&:]

Old 01-04-2007, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear

for grilles, do what the first guy said or if you do not want to pay that much and want to have perminent audi rings, go to this site, http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...egory=Exterior, the grille is near the bottom of the page.

there are a lot of sites for lights but you can go to http://awe-tuning.com/

good luck

Old 01-04-2007, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

Thanks alot for your help guys! It is greatly appreciated!

Old 01-04-2007, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

Yeah going to the dealership would be a bad idea saying they charge a bunch. You could do the sales forum or you can find some wheel caps on ebay pretty cheep too. Just make sure you look at the pictures and get some that arent damaged.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:02 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cstarky15

Yeah going to the dealership would be a bad idea saying they charge a bunch. You could do the sales forum or you can find some wheel caps on ebay pretty cheep too. Just make sure you look at the pictures and get some that arent damaged.
Ok then, on eBay, what should I search for? Like...1998 Audi A4 Wheelcaps?

Old 01-05-2007, 12:04 AM
4th Gear

dude the center caps cost like $11 each at the stealership. Its gonna pretty much cost the same (after shipping) on ebay. So save yourself the time and get em at the stealership. OR find a junk yard. Those ebay headlights are cheap crap. Get yourself some ecodes.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Trey25

dude the center caps cost like $11 each at the stealership. Its gonna pretty much cost the same (after shipping) on ebay. So save yourself the time and get em at the stealership. OR find a junk yard. Those ebay headlights are cheap crap. Get yourself some ecodes.
lol..and where may I find the ecodes at? Sorry, I am kind of new with this stuff so excuse my ignorance

Old 01-05-2007, 12:08 AM
1st Gear

Ok, I found some ecodes by searching google and what not, but is it true that they are $450? jeeze! the headlights i was looking at were 1 pc halo's for like...$150

Old 01-05-2007, 12:56 AM

Alright....I'd say go for the RS4 grille...100$ and looks great!...for headlights...stick w stock (as far as I am concerned)...I'd say go for a nice set of bulbs...many people on this forum have different opinions on bulbs, so I'd say use the search section at the top of the page....for tail lights...stick w stock, alot of the time the aftermarket junk leaks and looks really ricey.....I'd say first thing on you'r list should be a chip from GIAC (best for the B5(your model))...and you will need to upgrade your diverter valve(Forge is amazing IMO)...extremely easy install, you are under the car for 5minutes....the idea with the chip is not for speed demons(not even close actually), but you will feel that currently the car really isn't all that fast...I guess you could call it peppy maybe....the idea with the chip, is that it gets your car up there in the fun to drive section.... and the next thing on your list should be a nice set of 18's and a nice suspension set up would be H&R springs on Bilstein shocks....check out awe-tuning for the suspension.....

well whatever you do, good luck!

the search button is gonna be a big help for you!

Quick Reply: 1998 Audi A4...