Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 A4 HID Flickering problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 02:32 PM
1st Gear
Default 07 A4 HID Flickering problems

Since Im new to this forumbare with me if this was covered somewhere else, I tried searching around. I posted this at HIDPlanet and didnt get much of a response other then telling me that its the Body Control Module.

I just installed an H7 conversion kit in my gfs 07 Audi A4. Everything seems to work except after a half an hour of running they start flickering real bad. This isnt just one but both of them, like a strobe light. Ive run through everything to figure out the problem and nothing adds up. I ran the supplied harness also. I have the same kit in my 04 Mazda 6and it was fine without a harness. I made that attempt with hers in the beginning and it was flickering when the car was started. SO, after that I installed the harness and thought it was fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Not to mention they set off a few different lights on the dashboard....traction control, srs, brake light. *I read about some mentioning of a work around for this but cannot find any instruction. Any help would be great.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 07 A4 HID Flickering problems

Bump......anybody????

Old 01-17-2007, 05:16 PM
1st Gear

Does the kit come with ballast? I have no experience with conversion kits or HID headlamps for cars, but my HMI lamps for videography need a ballast to control and regulate the flicker. Maybe you have a bad ballast.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:24 PM
1st Gear

Both ballasts? And Im asking this in question. Both of the lights are making a strobe effect.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

The arcis always strobing, but normally it strobes so fast you cant see it. I would contact the company you got them from.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:28 PM
4th Gear

^ +1

Old 01-18-2007, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

do you have daytime running lights in the bulbs you converted to HID?
I had this problem on an install i did in an 06 Eclipse GT. The bulbs would blink like police strobes. Had to run a relay off the stock harness to activate them and pull power straight from the battery. Worked and havent had a problem since. Been like 10 months and i see him often with no complaints.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:17 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: John DeLuca

The arcis always strobing, but normally it strobes so fast you cant see it. I would contact the company you got them from.

I understandyourtechnical view about it and I also understand how Xenon bulbs work. The strobing is the obvious kind..........slow enough to see, but fast enough like the above poster said. They look like police strobe lights after half an hour, and the SRS light has tripped out and the Traction Control light. She said at one point the brake light on the dash was blinking. Anyway, the company did offer to replace anything thats damaged, just trying to determine whether its something with the car plugged up wrong, or something the kit.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM

Make sure the connection to the battery is good.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 PM

What company you get them from?? Heat rating on them?? I got a prolumen 6000K kit about 2 years ago and had that problem on the driver side minus the internal problems. Make sure its connected to the stock harness correctly and the problem should solve itself. If all connections are well and good you'll wanna do what was said above and contact the company you got it from. If its not a reputable company the ballastis crap(happens very often with aftermarket sets).

Quick Reply: 07 A4 HID Flickering problems