Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 A4 Totaled: What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 11:36 AM
1st Gear
Default 05 A4 Totaled: What to do?

No pics yet (friend took some with cam phone)... here's the deal:

drove north through intersection...southbound car turning left..drove into me...tried to go around..but was hit.. Ended up on a 45 degree towards corner of intersection (for those who know.. McCowan and Milner/Channel 9 ) and took out traffic light pole which landed on my car. I'm sore..my car is totaled..but it held up so well! I'm lucky to have been in the audi as we hit the pole dead on in centre of front of car.

Questions:

1) Can i claim the intercooler and exhaust etc?? I think exhaust is salvageable.. SInce it was not my fault i figure i show the bills and they pay? ANy thoughts on this?

2)Anyone had this experience? I have GAP insurance to cover any depre ciation....the car is 6 months old with 35000 km on it...

I'm going car shopping today... saw a used A4 at dealer same colour etc..but with Xenon headlights that i didn't have and 19000 km on it... but the 6000 i have spent on upgrades is pretty muc gone now and i hope to get it back...

The Corolla looked totalled to me as well.

arghhh my back is sore.

I must say that the A4 saved my life.... thank-you Audi.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 05 A4 Totaled: What to do?

well atleast your ok!

Old 09-03-2005, 01:26 PM
5th Gear

Eek... some insurance companies freak out when they find out the car was modded, and you didn't inform them. I've heard stories of insurance co's not paying up, but I'm sure that could be fought in court, and you'd likely win.

But, seeing as how you didn't tell them about your FMIC, you weren't paying any additional premium for it... and therefore, you won't likely get money for it. There are guys that have 10's of thousands into their cars... you crash, and THEN tell the insurance co about it? Nope. No dice.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:35 PM
1st Gear

Especially in ONtario (no fault)... they told me i can take my exhaust off the car..and the injectors.... i'll see if I can get my divertor valve off as well..... the intercooler is destroyed however.

If it had been a lesser car I might have been killed.... I am very grateful that everyone is ok. I think the Audi had a lot to do with it.... it is such a solid car. NOthing but praise for the A4 crash protection.

my previous Corolla might not have been so crashworthy.

IN the future I will get the mods insured... because exhaust and intercooler aren't cheap....

if I don't get a B6 i will unload the injectors and exhaust.

Old 09-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Administrator

im sorry to hear that, its sad to see another B6 go
but be glad your ok

Old 09-03-2005, 09:11 PM
3rd Gear

Now hes getting a B7 !
Or should be ..

Old 09-03-2005, 10:23 PM
5th Gear

Hmmm B6 miltek eh? If you unload it cheap, PM me since your in Ontario... might be able to make an x-mas present for my dad.

Old 09-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Administrator

how much u want for the injectors and SPS3 man

Old 09-04-2005, 02:34 AM
3rd Gear

in order for your insurance to cover the mods they needed to be registered with them. doing this raises insurance but inshures a full replacement.

i had a jeep that was stolen that was decked out with everything, big lift, expensive tires and wheels, bumpers, winch, locker all the goods including a 3,000 stereo system. long story short i didnt tell the inshurance about all this stuff and all i got was the value of the truck (stock) which was practically nothing.

Old 09-04-2005, 04:20 AM
1st Gear

I'll know better soon (Tuesday i guess....) what will happen... I went looking at cars today.

WRX Sti... 48k but fast....and butt ugly...i dunno... wicked drivetrain

2006 A4.... Loaded..Looks very similar to my A4 interior... i'll get the Xenons, Winter package etc
My rental is a 325 Ci...Auto. NIce car...handles very nicely ...i just don't know about two-wheel drive in Canada.

I think i'll stick with the Audi....I really just wish I had my car the way it was..it was running so nice!

Quick Reply: 05 A4 Totaled: What to do?