Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[[Elim 2871R Dyno Result]]

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 05:24 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: [[Elim 2871R Dyno Result]]

yea man, i was expecting more torque... and above 300 hp...

ask around about standalone... or take ur car and have it custom tuned by sombody who really knows what he's doing

not that you dont... but sombody who does it for a living...

i could be mistaken, but isnt tommritt running the gtrs and making above 300 hp? and the gtrs is smaller yea?

what kind of octane do you have to run with 26 psi?

Old 03-19-2006, 05:28 AM
Zombie Defense Force

tom ritt has a t3t4 and full standalone making about 325+whp

Old 03-19-2006, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

on race gas i think over 300 is an attainable goal, but on pump, 290 WHP is stellar (I think). The problem is arif's file is not designed for race gas, so it ran like perfect street gas hahah. If you get my point.

Here is what I love. 290 awhp that you can put to the ground in every gear thanks to quattro haha!

ORIGINAL: luvin_the_rings

yea man, i was expecting more torque... and above 300 hp...

ask around about standalone... or take ur car and have it custom tuned by sombody who really knows what he's doing

not that you dont... but sombody who does it for a living...

i could be mistaken, but isnt tommritt running the gtrs and making above 300 hp? and the gtrs is smaller yea?

what kind of octane do you have to run with 26 psi?

Old 03-19-2006, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

You can do MUCH better than 290 on pump, we just have aot of $hit software floatin around that makes people think that those are good numbers , no offense I used to think the same until I saw what was being done by actual tuners! just look at APR's #'s on the STG 3+

Nah,, tom is runnin the same standalone I'm runnin with a t3t4 57trim. he was runnin the rs but threw a piece of valve through it :P. Honestly tuning isn't a big endevour. 034efi has TONS of support and was decently easy to install. I disconnected my ecu, but you can run your ecu and still have it controll all of the engine. ASk me if you want one. I can get you a good deal on them with a new coil.
It took me about 2 hours on the street to get the fueling in a good area and have the car completely driveable. I'm getting MUCH better gas mileage too with 630cc injectors and better power at a lower psi.
Here is a dyno of a 28rs on an A4. Check out the fuel curve.. this should give you a good idea of how to tune for WOT. check it out,, 295 at the WHEELS,, not the axles . the embarassing part for most other tuners is that he did it at 19psi

Old 03-19-2006, 04:00 PM
2nd Gear

yes but too much fuel is bad as well. I think if he leaned it out a bit hed make more power.

So how much boost are you running? with timing at 0 Im thinking a little too much. Maybe turning down the boost may yeild tons of gains. I remeber on my dsm I would run negative timing (retarded timing to be correct) and would peak at -1 to 3 degrees and when I did some timkering and lowered boost abit my timing only retarded at the point of full throttle and I thus had a healty gain in timing through th rpm rang toping at 17 degrees before tdc. That lower boost setting yeilded me tops more power then the higher boost setting.
His timing issue is mainly because he is running race gas mixed in on a pump gas file along with running rich.

290whp, not bad, a file revision from UNI should be made since you paid 900 for software, all the 2871r guys should send in logs and dyno slips with there a/f so they can get a good idea how every ones setup is performing

Old 03-19-2006, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

See that doesn't count. How can a company make a tune for 100 different cars, with different mods, climate, altitude and still be SAFE?

As a tuning company would you prefer to have numbers a little lower than a custom tune or a lot of power thats blows 3 in 10 engines? I like REVO SPS3 because that allows some custom tuning based on factors such as octane in the tank, blah blah..

Stand alone has potential for most power, but has its own set of problems. I.E. Passing emissions?????

I also hope UNI will be releasing updates to make our cars more powerful.

One more thing, that dyno peaked @ 21 PSI, not 19. It fell to 19 @ red line, as expected from the 28rs.

ORIGINAL: GraffixWB

You can do MUCH better than 290 on pump, we just have aot of $hit software floatin around that makes people think that those are good numbers , no offense I used to think the same until I saw what was being done by actual tuners! just look at APR's #'s on the STG 3+

Nah,, tom is runnin the same standalone I'm runnin with a t3t4 57trim. he was runnin the rs but threw a piece of valve through it :P. Honestly tuning isn't a big endevour. 034efi has TONS of support and was decently easy to install. I disconnected my ecu, but you can run your ecu and still have it controll all of the engine. ASk me if you want one. I can get you a good deal on them with a new coil.
It took me about 2 hours on the street to get the fueling in a good area and have the car completely driveable. I'm getting MUCH better gas mileage too with 630cc injectors and better power at a lower psi.
Here is a dyno of a 28rs on an A4. Check out the fuel curve.. this should give you a good idea of how to tune for WOT. check it out,, 295 at the WHEELS,, not the axles . the embarassing part for most other tuners is that he did it at 19psi

Old 03-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Site Moderator

I think Borla exhaust is like 2.5 or 2.75 inch.

Damn!!!!!! 290awhp is something to grin about. Glad you got what you were looking for.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:18 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee
I think Borla exhaust is like 2.5 or 2.75 inch.
Damn!!!!!! 290awhp is something to grin about. Glad you got what you were looking for.
Its 2.25, at least thats the size I always see from borla for our audi. AWEs borla system is 2.25"

Funny my friend just made 390whp in his sti and he still isn't satisfied, hes getting a different uppipe and going with an external 38mm tial wastegate and back to turboxs for another tune, should be around 410+whp on pump i think 21psi.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

i hear ya, but 21 psi at peak HP and 19psi at peak HP, on a smaller turbo..

Be careful with Uni. all I have heard is that there are quite a fwe problems wit their SW. I went Standalone so I could only blame myself for issues. things are lookin pretty good as of right now. I'm gonna get all my fueling dialed in a start playing with the timing to control my EGTs. Lemme know what you get when you lower your psi!

Old 03-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Zombie Defense Force

damn you i need standalone but at last check bank account said like 350bucks and thats for teh rest of the school year tell i can start working again[:@]

Quick Reply: [[Elim 2871R Dyno Result]]