Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Euro Spec Rebuilt Engine**

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 PM
1st Gear
Default **Euro Spec Rebuilt Engine**

Hey there. First time poster to the forums. Great forum by the way!!

So, I hit a rock this winter out in Washington State and we thought it was a piece of ice since we were driving in the snow. Turns out it was a rock and it put a 2" hole in my oil pan. I turned the car off asap when I saw the check oil light come on. It was sadly too late. Engine fried.

Good news: My insurance company is picking up some of the bill

Bad news: They won't pay for a dealer assembled rebuilt (7-8k after installation). They first tried (All State) tried their hardest to put in a recycled engine!! One that had similar miles but had been in a front end collision and it had been sitting in the wrecking yard for 4 years!! Even though my 1.8 turbo had 100k miles on it...it was in perfect shape....zero consumption, zero leaks.

I've also put 10k into this A4 over the last 3 years (timing belt, clutch, control arms, wheel bearings, new lifters, etc etc) -- I effing love this car and wanna keep it.

I found these guys online and they sell a rebuilt long block for $3300 (includes a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty).
http://eurospecsport.com/products/en...l-engines.html

ANYONE heard of these guys?? Are they reputable? I've heard horror stories about some companies that claim to rebuild the SUPER sensitive audi engines but they more or less get one from a wrecking yard, power wash it, throw on some new gaskets and call it REBUILT.

Any information on Euro Spec or another VERY trustworthy engine builder would be awesome.

2000 Audi A4 Avant, 1.8 (2.0 chip) turbo, engine code ATW

Thanks in advance guys!

Corin

Attached Thumbnails **Euro Spec Rebuilt Engine**-img_1722.jpg  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

I am currently having a new 1.8T long block installed at the Audi dealership. The retail list price on the brand new long block is $3700, however if you have a repair shop buy it they can get it for $3400. The dealers cost is $2900 so there is a little wiggle room and they might work with you if you have them do the install. This is a new engine and comes with a 12k/12 month warranty from Audi.
Best of luck