Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$366 Dollar Ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 09:07 PM
1st Gear
Default $366 Dollar Ticket!

So heres my story:

Im doing around 100 on Rt. 9 in connecticut, when i come around a corner and there are 2 state troopers sitting there.
As i downshift going past them i see them scrambling for thier laser guns to try and hit me. By the time they are behind me im doing 65 mph, the speed limit. They follow me for about 2 miles before they put thier lights on. When im pulled over the 1st thing the officer says to me is "Wipe the smirk off your face son, this s!hit isnt funny." He told me to put the e brake on and step out of the vehicle and go to the rear where they searched my body. Then he cuffs me for no reason! Visually searches my car and takes the cuffs off me and tells me to go sit in my car. Myself the whole time im having verbal diarhhea and i keep saying "Ive never been pulled over before, Im leaving for college tommorow morning please officer..." He thinks i have a really bad attitude, and comes back after awhile and hands me a ticket for 366 bucks. He tells me hes giving me a break and that i could have gone to jail blah blah. He says he didnt need any radar or laser to tell that i was going that fast. He tells me that if i challenge the ticket that him and the other officer are going to show to court, and end up making me pay more than 500 bucks.

Nice break a$$hole, especially when you didint get me on radar or laser and have no proof.

So heres the question.. Do i fight it? I live an hour away at school, and is it worth it to fight it? What kind of chances do you think i have of winning?

Old 09-05-2005, 09:24 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: $366 Dollar Ticket!

WOW, what a ********... damn pigs , what can ya do ..
That really sucks man .. I advise you to fight it. F**K him.
He didnt even get you on the radar gun.. I think you could get off !

Old 09-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Administrator

OMG i been though some thing like that befor
i was rollin wit my bro and this cop flashes us
we pull over and on his horn he say i want the passanger to step out of the car
me being the passanger open my door and was about to get out
and then he says STOP what you are doin and close the door and im alrite rite
make up your damn mind
i do what he says even though he told me to do it befor
then he comes up and tells me to get out again, he makes me sit on the curb and everyone driving by are staring at me
that ****** made me look like a two bit criminal in my own neighberhood
he was a total ******* on a power trip, he was questionin me say where u goin and ****
third degree and shhiiit.
in my mind does it matter, i admit i was at fault but its nuthin crazy u kno it was a damn seat belt violation
after me he interigated my bro seperatly to see if our storys match
i dont rememeber wut we were doin i think we where just meetin up some friends close by
u kno this was all becasue of a damn seat belt violation
total jerk off
that bitchhh just singled out me and my bro casue we asian, he thought we were speed racers and shiiit
we werent doin anything, they just saw a nicer car that wasnt a crap box in the neighberhood

ORIGINAL: jlaudio184

He tells me that if i challenge the ticket that him and the other officer are going to show to court, and end up making me pay more than 500 bucks.
that is not true why would they raise the ticket if u fight it
u have the right to fight
if u fight u only lose the rite to go to traffic skewl (thats how its done in CA)

Old 09-05-2005, 09:44 PM
4th Gear

With no radar to go by, i would get a lawyer first of all, you cant fight these things by ureslf in todays day and age. Belive me, first hand expierence.

Old 09-05-2005, 10:15 PM
5th Gear

haha, get some of those traffic paralegal people... it'd be worth your money, because you'd DEFINATELY get off, if you ahd them helping you. Then you can smirk all you want, as you walk past the b!tch in the courtroom, without paying a cent to the pigs.

But, that's just me... that route, although surely very, very satisfying... would cost prolly the same as paying it.

If you fought it on your own, you might win. Or even, go talk to one of those x-copper type guys, and maybe they'll give you some advice.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear

those cops sound like a bunch of **** pigs to me... just don't call 'em that in court.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:11 PM
1st Gear

i live in ct also ... if i were u fight that **** ..... o and what school do u go to ... maybe i live near it

Old 09-05-2005, 11:23 PM
2nd Gear

I am from CT to,
If they did not hit you with lazer/radar what was the ticket for? if it was for reckless driving you might as well just pay it or you will spend a day at court and still pay a fine.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:37 AM
2nd Gear

What time of day was it? (BTW, generally speaking, I hate cops! Though there are some decent ones, but they're the exception. My daughter is married to one of the bad ones. Generally, they are little-minded people who can only feel superior by being legalized bullies. I could go on...)

Anyway, what the heck are you doing with a radar detector/jammer in CT? Jammers can get you a federal fine. And the last thing you want to do is post what happened in a public forum--that's like confessing.

I don't know about CT, but in Maryland you should always show up. Dress nice and act nice. You'll usually end up paying the same amount, but you may get the points suspended.

Back to the question, what time of day was it? If at night, you're an idiot. But if it was during the day, you're just unlucky.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:46 AM
4th Gear

What was the ticket for?

1. Cops don't get the money, the town or state does.

2. They don't need to have a speed to ticket you for "driving without due caution" or reckless driving.

3. Probably worth a fight, unless you were going 100mph or route 9 in which case I'm rooting for the cops.

Quick Reply: $366 Dollar Ticket!