Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Who makes a Cargo Liner for A3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Default RE: Who makes a Cargo Liner for A3?

I got my mat from the dealer when I purchased the car. I live in the northeast. We get dirty up here. So I bartered to get the full rubber floor and cargo mats at time of purchase.

My problem has been with the cargo liner. This mat does not fit my 06 A3. The angle of the edge of the tray is wrong. The length is wrong. The corners do not fit correctly. This is not what I expect form a custom formed cargo liner.

I brought this issue up with Audi. They agree with me. The dealer where I got the liner agrees it is not a custom fit. So we ordered another to compare. Same thing here. Same design, same issues with the fit. Audi had offered to return my money for the hassle, but now the dealer does not want to do this. They want me to return the liner if I am not happy.

What I want is for Audi to get me the correct cargo liner for my model.

the liner from http://www.audipartssuperstore.com/c...products_id=37 my be the wrong liner for the US 06 and 07 A3 as the notch for the seats is in the wrong location. My car has two splits for the 40/30/40 rear seat. Plus the wheel well looks different.

now the liner from http://mats4less.com/cb20-1464.html looks correct. they even show the pass through door for the skis. this to me looks like a custom fit liner. The other liner looks like it is for the three door hatch fond only in EU.

I like the Hexmat, but wonder if there is a lip to contain spills. I need the lip to hold water form melting snow from gear I put in the rear.

Can anyone comment on the Hexmat for the group?