Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

What are your dislikes re: the A3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Default RE: What are your dislikes re: the A3?

I have to get a wheel chair in there so the A3 is too small and lets face it the trunk is very small having said that the car is a beater without doubt because it lighter than the A4 and with the same engine need I say more

Old 12-30-2006, 01:44 PM
1st Gear

My problems so far:

I'd like to have a boost gauge.
The rear drink holders: Why are they there? Mine have broke already
Floor mats: How do you take them out (not a beef, I'm just asking)?

Not an extensive list, but I've only had it for two weeks.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

Oh, I almost forgot my biggest beef... how the heck does the NAV+ not support CD-TEXT? *grrrrr* A beautiful screen like that just begs to display track info.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

Alright here are my gripes and before i go on any further, i really, really love this car!!!!

1- there were only 2 available when i got mine and i was so caught up in the excitement that i didn't realize that i couldn't have the dealer add xenons, bose, and a power passenger seat.

2-Erroneous noises. call me crazy, but when i'm rocketing from 70-100+, i hear this crazy buzzing noise and i can't tell whether its open sky related (even though its closed when this happens)or an engine noise. farting noise when shifting is a little akward but i've grown to like it andilove the burly growl of the exhaust.

3- that automatic volume bass reduction, designed to keep speakers from blowing, also limits peak performance. i feel like the bass could be louder but won't because of that bass reduction.

4- you guys reminded me that my pop-out rear cup holders completly broke one day (ejected clear out of the housing)! the front cup holders are rediculously undersized and are too close together, so my big-gulp sized cups had to go in the rear. now i have to put them on the floor and be tempted no to drive fast.

5- cd player does not read album/track titles. (love the unique click wheel on the steering whell, but hate that it can't be operated when the key is out of the ignition)

6- space. interior space makes it feel about the same size as a honda civic.

7. those rubber hand grips at the base of the center dash begin to hurt the right knee at any seating position.

8. A little surprised at the quality of the leather seats. notice that the website says "part leather" for 07. i know that generally all leather seats aren't entirely leather, but my coworker's prius seems to be more endowed than my A3.

sorry to be so thorough, but i'd deal with these issues 10 fold because i love this car so much. 200hp rating seems to besomewhat of an understatement when you really push this car. love nice touches such as the red valence light that showers the shifter at night, the much hated fabric sunshade (which i like) can be closed while the roof is open and keeps out lots of air, and the overall stance of the car.

hope this helps!

Old 12-31-2006, 01:01 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Bezor

My problems so far:

I'd like to have a boost gauge.
The rear drink holders: Why are they there? Mine have broke already
Floor mats: How do you take them out (not a beef, I'm just asking)?

Not an extensive list, but I've only had it for two weeks.
The floor mats (front and rear) are held in place by two plastic pins that the mats snap on to. To remove them, just pull up around each pin and the mat will come free. To reinstall, push down each mat onto the pin.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:59 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: dmacneill

The floor mats (front and rear) are held in place by two plastic pins that the mats snap on to. To remove them, just pull up around each pin and the mat will come free. To reinstall, push down each mat onto the pin.
Thanks, almost too embarrased to ask that

Old 01-07-2007, 08:43 PM
1st Gear

I'm on my third week of ownership and so far in retrospect, the only negative thing I can think of about buying what I did isn't with the car, it was the buying experience.

Livermore Audi could do a lot better.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

Love it for the most part, one thing I hate is that if you even crack the window when it is raining outside, water comes in like niagra falls. A nice window rain channel would be nice....

Old 01-08-2007, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

I have the two door European version... my gripes are:
Engine Idle's too loud
Chorus system seems to age too quickly (Im hearing rattling from the speakers when its not even that loud, from the bass.)
Rear view is minimal, pretty damn poor!
My wipers dont seem to clean the screen properly (they just smudge it.) Ive tried everything, vinegar, solutions,etc! Think they just need to be replaced, but i've only done 10,000kms! The rear one hardly touches the glass anymore, its strange.
Didn't come with Xenons as standard.
Handbrake/armrest is a bit of a design flaw in my opinion. Its hard to put the armrest back in the lock position when its been moved, coz the handbrake is in the way!

Old 01-08-2007, 10:57 PM
sc

'07

love the car....only thing so far is the window controls are so sensitive...when I want to just crack the windows, it rolls all the way down so you go back and forth until you figure out the right amount of pressure to apply....

that's it so far!

sc

Quick Reply: What are your dislikes re: the A3?