Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

What are your dislikes re: the A3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 03:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: What are your dislikes re: the A3?

Ditto on the Paddle shifters don't stay at 9 and 3
Not able to go directly from S to M on the DSG
The *@#%$ handle on the center console rubbing my knee (going to cut the silly thing out if I am able to figure out how to re-finish it.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:14 PM
1st Gear

x3 the sunscreen! or lack thereof.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:50 PM
1st Gear

Call me nit-picky, but I hate how you have to select "space", "ok" and "list" from that damn wheel when spelling in Nav+. I mean, those are probably the three most used functions when spelling, why not assign them to the three empty buttons on the 4-way pad?!

Old 12-29-2006, 03:50 PM
SoCal Crew Member

1. Loud idling (compared to the many Honda I4's I've had).
2. Car looks kind of cute (as in kind of a girl's car, but this helps with regard to being a Q car)
3. Compressor side of turbo integrated into header, whichlimits aftermarket upgrades.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:05 PM
1st Gear

The lack of an accessories spot on the ignition, so one can listen to the radio with engine off and without all the check engine lights on and seat belt bell ringing.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:15 PM

I would say that Audi really did a nice job with the A3; the things separating this car from extraordinary are the following:

1. Power passenger seat
2. Sun shade (I do not have one, but I've heard)
3. Better tires-P-six/sucks
4. Nicer sound system
5. Xenon's standard
6. Hand-brake placement

Old 12-29-2006, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: pdxjim

The lack of an accessories spot on the ignition, so one can listen to the radio with engine off and without all the check engine lights on and seat belt bell ringing.
I can help.

Just turn off the car and remove the key. Then...press the power button on the radio. It will work without any keys in the ignition. BTW, it will go off in about an hour if you don't turn it off first to help save the battery.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:27 PM

I think the trunk is too small so that makes it a shopper trolley, lots of punch from the front but lacking the space where its needed unless your single that is or just a tight *** when you could go for the A4/A6/A8 now they are cars

Old 12-29-2006, 05:33 PM

Dave,

I'd actually have to disagree with you and I like most of what you post. I have 3 kids and a wife that fit well in the car (young kids). Although I have a minivan for family trips, the Audi does a fine job of hauling the family and other items. I agree that the A6 Avant is very nice, but considering the money, engine, and handling of the A3, it's the best deal in the Audi fleet. I'd put my car up as being more fun to drive than most any other car on the Audi line-up, short of the RS4, S6, etc. Definitely a nice ride.

Cheers!

Old 12-29-2006, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

I think the trunk is too small so that makes it a shopper trolley, lots of punch from the front but lacking the space where its needed unless your single that is or just a tight *** when you could go for the A4/A6/A8 now they are cars
Hey if you are partial to the larger Audi's that's fine, but there is very little internal space differences between a A4 Avant and A3 Sportback. (two closest matches).

Quick Reply: What are your dislikes re: the A3?