Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

S-Line Front Bumper or Chin Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: S-Line Front Bumper or Chin Spoiler

krazyboy- that chin spoiler/s-line combo looks freaking tight. is that spoiler carbon?

boywonder & burnt toast- thanks for the tips on the chin spoilers for a standard bumper. there's a guy on this forum (at least he was on here until he sold his a3) named Ottoaudi who has an s-line front bumper that he's selling for $150. It's blue and my car is lava grey. Either way, I'd have to take it to the body shop to have it painted to match and installed anyways. I'm thinking $300 in labor at least. Then there's shipping the bumper from Florida which I'm guessing is at least $100.

So that being said, I'm going to think about wether its worth all the money, time and effort for a front bumper. Maybe I need to just get over it. Afterall, I am saving for a ring for my girlfriend so that my audi isn't the only with rings.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:12 PM
1st Gear

But you must ask yourself - who gives you more - your Audi or your girlfriend?

The Audi listens when I put my foot down - it either goes faster or stops what it's doing. Now try finding the brakes on your girlfriend.
The Audi is so much easier to turn on.
I don't ever have to worry about any other keys getting stuck in my Audi, because mine is the only one that will work.
It's ok if my Audi has a lot of junk in the trunk.
The Audi regularly waxes, making her nice and smooth.
The Audi only has four shoes .... not 4390820.
When the Audi glows red at me, it's not because she's mad.
The Audi is not embarrassed to let out some exhaust fumes.
The Audi can fit me and four of my friends!
The Audi only costs me a couple hundred dollars a month for the duration of a couple years. The girlfriend? A lifetime of monthly payments.

Now since we're all friends on this forum, please don't show this to my girlfriend.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Thanks for the laugh!

Some more comparisons:
You can touch your A3's headlight any time you want. Your girlfriend's, not so much.
You can ride the A3 hard and it never complains. Your girlfriend, not so much.
The A3 goes where you tell it to go. You go where your girlfriend tells you to go.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:09 PM
2nd Gear

Hey izzy i have my A3 07 lava grey frt bumper in my shed i has a couple of scratches on it from just hanging in there but you can have it for a small fee and shipping.

I got rid of my audi and own a jeep srt 8, so have no use for the bumper. send me a pm if interested.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:04 AM
1st Gear

^^ sounds like a deal Izzy! Stryker isso kind!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:05 AM
1st Gear

oh an btw Krazyboi's lip is the Cupra R lip.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:46 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: IzzyA3

krazyboi- that chin spoiler/s-line combo looks freaking tight. is that spoiler carbon?
like burnt toast said, it's the Seat Cupra R Lip, and no, its just plastic, not carbon. it's not an exact fit so you gotta rig it yourself w/ nuts and bolts and a little bit of cutting. all in all, i think it looks good and cost me around $95 i believe. the part itself is cheap, but shipping was around $20 for such a light item b/c of its weird dimension. I got it from here: http://dynamicmotorworks.chainreacti...products_id/38

Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
1st Gear

Wow, looks like it's on sale for $75. And, of course, it's out of stock.

Did it come with all the necessary nuts/bolts? So they don't make one for the A3, and you have to use a jetta one?

Old 01-23-2008, 12:44 PM
1st Gear

Odd as it may sound, I think it always says its out of stock. If you want to, and it lets you, you should buy it. You'll get it in a week or two.

The nuts/bolts you have to get from a hardware store (Home Depot). All it took was about 10 sets (5 on each side). Drill into the underside of your bumper and screw together.

And actually its not a Jetta one. The car its actually made for is the Seat Cupra. It just so happens you can make it fit to some VWs/Audis/Seats.